GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MrMarky

1. M

Water damaged headlights

Thanks! It’s great to have so many other enthusiasts as a resource! Trust me, if I had a choice I wouldn’t have gone thru the water but it was the only way out and it was getting deeper and deeper by the second. Had I delayed any longer the damages would have definitely been much worst...
  2. M

Water damaged headlights

The drains were not clogged not from what I could see. The problem was who ever installed the after market lights replaces something, which I think was a ballast, and the new one didn't fit like the old one and they just slathered it with some kind of silicone but didn’t actuallly seal the gap...
  3. M

Water damaged headlights

Thanks for the replies. Since I wrote that, I removed the headlights from the car and took them apart and dried them off using a hairdryer, but the more I looked the more I realized that this was a bigger problem than I thought, and also much more that I was willing/capable of fixing on my own...
  4. M

Water damaged headlights

Hi everyone, Two days ago, we had some pretty severe Heavy rain while I was driving and I was forced to cross a segment of road that flash flooding. The water was much deeper than I thought it was, but the car made it through and everything seems to be fine except my headlights are full of...