GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mr. Bubbles

1. M

Coolent Issue

Soooo, I went to Burp some of the air from my coolant lines after installing an new line with the IE Cold Air Intake. While the car was heating up with the cap off, my coolant overflowed. My Question is this, I know I need g13 coolant, but can I use something like Peak as a temp fix until I can...
  2. M

Transmission Rattle

So long story short, I have being hearing a rattle since 600 miles, when the clutch sperates the engine from the transmission it ceases to exist. Once the clutch is engaged and the input shaft starts spinning the noise starts again. I have been to the dealer 4 times(600 miles, 1500 miles, 3000...
  3. M

Low oil before first oil change??

So my check oil level warning popped up... i just hit 4k miles..... no oil leaking to be seen, cant smell it burning....ideas? Checked it and indeed was low.
  4. M

Price for cat back exhaust install.

So I purchased a borla catback exhaust part 140597 and was wondering what fellow members have paid for a cat back exhaust system to be installed. Currently been quoted 180 and 135.
  5. M

Mk7 MT clutch rattle?

https://youtu.be/9yMogFKeL-E Just got back from dealer service and they said this is a normal sound for the clutch as the pedal comes off the floor. Anyone else notice this noise in neutral?
  6. M

Clutch Chatter

I have noticed clutch chattering/rattling as the clutch comes off the floor. https://youtu.be/9yMogFKeL-E Anyone else experience this? Brand new GTI SE w/ PP & LP 1967 miles. I have not experienced this sound with any of my previous manual cars - 92' BMW 525i and 04' Honda Accord lx
  7. M

Any Fellow GTI owners in Springfield Il?

So I just picked up my GTI 2 weeks ago and was wondering if there are any fellow GTI owners looking do some meet ups around town? I know there are some in Chicago, but thats a bit of a trek for me.
  8. M

Mk7 transmission chatter engaging 2nd gear(manual)

Can anyone shed some light on the excessive chatter as 2nd gear engages? I have owned all manual cars and never heard this much chatter. It almost sounds like the gears don't mesh properly. I understand there needs to be space, but it sounds like a beater car as 2nd gear engages. Has anyone else...
  9. M

Anyone from Springfield IL?

Just picked up my Mk7 2 weeks ago! Anyone else in the community from Springfield, IL area? I can't seem to find any info on local VW meetups and was looking at possible starting one.