GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mayday_soc

1. mayday_soc

Crack in sunroof bezel/roof trim?

@Stanislao My bezels have been fine but they peal so I ppf them. My cracks have come from the frame causing water leakage, soaked carpets and fogged up windows.
  2. mayday_soc

Crack in sunroof bezel/roof trim?

@amsr There are no revisions to this part #. I’m in the same situation. Paid out of pocket $2200 for a replacement. Waited three months for the part. After that the dealer would not install it. Another dealer recommended their glass guy. Paid him $800 to install it. I reinstalled the interior on...
  3. mayday_soc

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

@Track R Do you hear any rattling with the new setup? I have a rattle coming from the mqb passenger slider. It’s very difficult to pinpoint. If I have a passenger or I put slight pressure on the seat with my hand while driving the rattle stops. Everything is tight tho. It’s driving me nuts.
  4. mayday_soc

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

So I noticed on a few parts sites if you select Porsche Macan Base model it recommends Hawk HPS 5.0 HB806B.624 but in this thread some have suggested using Subaru STI which recommends Hawk HPS 5.0 HB453B.585. The backing plate appears to be the same measurement but the pad depth is .624 vs .585...
  5. mayday_soc

Headlight Options

I love my factory xenons and would recommend not swapping them out. I cleaned up the plastic then PPF’d them and they look great. I put in OSRAM DS3 xenon bulbs, DeAuto LED blinkers, and DeAuto LED corner lights. I also used VCDS to disable NAR region and enabled city, rain, all weather...
  6. mayday_soc

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

Finally got CS’s in my TDI. Just want to thank everyone for this thread. The information was invaluable. Can confirm MQB sliders 7208800.1B/.2B and bases 87.11.15A/25A fit perfectly regardless of what NAR Recaro tells you. Also, order both kits or none at all because some of the Slider hardware...
  7. mayday_soc

How to retro-fit the traction control (ESC) button to a Mk7 Golf

@golfdave If I have no switch’s on the left of my shifter but one switch on my right, can I grab illumination and ground from the switch panel on the right? If I can, do you happen to know which number wire in the pin out is lume and ground? I know I can get lume from my headlight switch, just...
  8. mayday_soc

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

I know I’m 4 years late to the party, and no one cares... but this mod works on ‘15 TDIs. It let me deactivate and it makes a world of difference. Thank you OP. ...now I might have to play around with long code esc shutoff. My factory on byte 29 is 02 not 09 so I’m not sure if I should mess...
  9. mayday_soc

How to retro-fit the 312mm front brakes to a Mk7 Golf

So I lowered my new to me dieselgate NAR TDI last week and figured I’d do the brake upgrade at the same time. I ordered all the parts/replacement stretch bolts in advance. Per the VW parts website I’m supposed to have calipers ending in 123/124 which this retrofit in not designed for. Turns out...
  10. mayday_soc

Please forgive my ignorance but does the 199$ eBay link most people have been using include the correct carrier? ex: https://www.ebay.com/itm/pair-brake-calipers-front-312mm-VW-Golf-Mk7-Touran-5T-Audi-A3-8V-Seat-Leon-5F/143303620755?epid=6004258608&hash=item215d8fb893:g:wtYAAOSwYNdcbYVP
  11. mayday_soc

Thank you for your response. I saw the link for the non painted earlier in the thread and that’s the route I’m going to go. Will EBC green pads be a good match for them?
  12. mayday_soc

So after reading through this thread more than a few times, what’s the consensus on NA TDI models? (they come with steel hubs and 55mm calipers). Can we swap to 312mm rotors and the gti calipers or do we have to swap out hubs and master cylinders too?