GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mattjewell

1. M

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

I made a POV short drive video. Starts around 1:30 time marker. Sorry for the angle, but in the bottom left corner is the gearing. What you can’t see because of the steering wheel is the current speed.
  2. M

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

Yep! Just checking if anyone here has purchased this specific kit for their 2018+. On one of @Jewels_mk7 YouTube videos, he linked a kit similar but just without the DMF. Maybe FCP‘s fitment page isn‘t updated?
  3. M

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

Will this kit work with a MK7.5? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-clutch-kit-sachs-performance-kit-00313#description
  4. M

What is the quality of Moog suspension parts

Bought them. Even went through the process of painting them but was unable to install mine successfully. I attempted to pair them with an H&R rear 26mm swaybar and KW V2's, but the nut/bolt of the endlink was touching the springs on both sides. Instead, had to stay on stock plastic endlinks.
  5. M

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

I see these will not work with 17x7.5 + 48 RPF1’s, but will they work with 18x9 +35?
  6. M

Macan Vs TTS callipers

I have RPF1 18x9 +35, which will fit the best? (MK7.5 PP)
  7. M

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

Picked up some RPF1's (18x9 +35mm). Considering pairing them with Firestone Indy's. Would I be more prone to rub with 235, as opposed to 225? Or does it matter since it's a 9" wheel?
  8. M

I’ll keep an eye out on it. Appreciate the input!
  9. M

I’d say somewhere between 3-4 minutes and the gauges are displayed the entire time. Can’t be good on the battery.
  10. M

Did this retrofit back in October successfully. Is there a way to change duration of the cockpit staying on, say if I open a car door? It feels as if the screen stays on for too long. I have OBDEleven.
  11. M

Spring & Shock/Damper Installation Reference Guide

Just purchased the following from FCP: (2) 5QM412249 (2) 5Q0412331E According to the instructions KW provides for install, the top nut on the strut is 50Nm (37 ft-lb). Per page #1, stock strut indicates 60Nm. Assuming I need to follow KW torque specs instead?
  12. M

Thanks everyone. What is the part # for the strut mounts? Or should I go 034 full set with bearings?
  13. M

Been reading this entire thread for over an hour and feeling confident. I plan to install KW V2's on my 2019 (18k miles) here in the upcoming weeks (Spring). I've read suggestions about replacing upper strut bearing (5Q0-412-249-F) and that's fine. With the KW's, suggestions on how to install...
  14. M

RPF1 Fitment Questions

Bump. Curious to see more 18x8 +35 setups. Whats really the advantage of going 18x9 as a opposed to 18x8? Wouldn't a spacer make up the difference should one want to do that later?