GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by LV_S3

1. L

Weird vibration after engine mount install?

Hi all, I recently had 034 motorsport street sport mounts installed by a local shop. I understand that these mounts would cause more NVH, however I have a weird vibration after the install that makes me question if it is primarily from the mounts. The vibration is intermittent, and I...
  2. L

Precision race works MPI install

How far past the terminal does the wire need to go into the connector? Not far? Quite a bit? I am just going to completely redo the wiring, but I can't seem to get the fusebox terminal out. If I still don't get a reading then I'll look into getting the sensor replaced.
  3. L

I reread the instructions and reread this whole thread. I am going to try to rewire everything tonight, with a new wiring harness. My only problem is I'm not sure how to remove the terminal in the fusebox for the wiring harness i have in there currently. I've tried with some depinning tools I...
  4. L

Apparently I didn't pay close enough attention when removing the initial blanks in regards to their orientation. I just took out a blank now to check its orientation. Does each wire have a different orientation for it to look into place? Or are they all oriented the same way?>
  5. L

I am going to try to repin all the wires again to rule out issues on my end. I saw somewhere that it's easy for the wires to appear pushed in completely/correctly when they aren't. Do the pins need to be oriented a specific way when pushing them in? They all appear to be pushed in completely...
  6. L

Yeah, I tried that. Went and repinned the wires for the sensor, still reading the same. Ill reach out to Precision Race works, thanks for the reply.
  7. L

I'm in the process of getting it tuned now. I sent my first log out, and it takes a week for a revision/reply. When I looked at my logs my rail pressure is dropping, and my lpfp duty hovers around 15%. Someone online said since my "lpfp actual psi" is reading at 159.6, the ecu isn't requesting...
  8. L

Thank you for the reply. I installed it, yes the PR rail kit. I don't think it's ever worked, I've never seen any other value except 159.6. I just reseated the power plug, and repinned the blue wire. I will double check the orange wire now. Just to make sure I am trying read the correct data...
  9. L

Hello all, I think I may be having an issue with my rail pressure sensor, when I check the value of "lpfp actual psi" it doesn't vary. It remains at 159.6, have any of you had this issue? Do you know which wire/wires are associated with the rail pressure sensor? Thanks.
  10. L

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Can someone take a look at this log for me? I want to make sure the issue isn't on my end, and on the tuning side. It looks like my rail pressure is dropping at WOT because the lpfp duty is not set high enough? I am also getting an issue where it sometimes starts, stumbles, and dies. I hope it...
  11. L

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I’ve had a similar experience trying to get my tunes. My base e85 tune (they sent the wrong file) came relatively quickly, but I’m still waiting for my 91 base tune. The dsg tune took forever as well, I had to send 3 emails about it, received it in the middle of January. I ordered my kit on Nov...
  12. L

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Hey! Fellow Las Vegan? Is that what we are called? Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it. I have been stressing out over this, however Nick got back to me today. The issue was the tune he sent me was not for the upgraded sensors. It drives much better now. I still have a slight misfire at...
  13. L

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Hello all, My first time posting here but I am looking everywhere for help to diagnose my issues after a lpfp/controller, vortex xl, upgraded sensors, and mpi install. I've had a number of issues, they are as follows: P0300/3B21 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected P0301/3B15 Cyl. 1...