GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by lostang

1. L

Measure your crankshaft axial clearance, detect crankwalk before its too late?

i'm curious to what mine would read, low miles but i've had a remote start since day i installed my SB clutch. No depressing clutch to start car.
  2. L

In a bit of a pickle, could really use some other R owners input...

Car looks great!. i also took a chance on a rebuilt title car back in 2020 and its been great. mine had 6k miles on it when i bought it after it was fixed by person who had bought it at auction.
  3. L

2016 GTI Journal

cold starts are the worst...I bought a remote start and hoping that prolongs life of my golf R...I bought my car with 6k miles, at 9k miles i upgraded to a SB clutch (and went stage 2) and soon after installed remote starter so i no longer have to depress clutch to start car. it has 19k at the...
  4. L

Engine Mount -- Is It Done?

no, just the engine/trans mount.
  5. L

Engine Mount -- Is It Done?

i was hesitant on getting mounts but got a deal on used superpro's and nvh is minimal....I'm sure once i install a dogmount it will get louder.
  6. L

Aftermarket clutches vs Crank Walk

Its a viper, not sure what model shop installed..i did loose a key for this to work. I took a short vid and uploaded to youtube.
  7. L

Aftermarket clutches vs Crank Walk

I ended up getting a remote start so now no more clutch depressed on start up.