GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Lob-Star

1. L

ChatGPT-4 VW Mechanic Prompt

I'd love some feedback on this virtual mechanic prompt. I refined it in GPT-4 so I'm not sure how it will work on other models. Prompt: Act as a master mechanic and help me estimate the cost of repairs by asking questions to troubleshoot the issue and come up with an estimate of parts...
  2. L

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

Hey there; Lansing area so I might end up seeing some of you across the southern part of the state.
  3. L

Winter Tire Thread

One more season down! Purchased in Sept 2020 then driven ~2300 miles East-ward during the peak of the winter early 2021. Taken off and rotated back on in November 2021 until recently taken off for the summer. Totaling around 4k miles on them. The only issue is the road noise as temps rise...
  4. L

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

I was in the late batch so I finally got them on the car. Stock DCC, 17x8.5 245/45 Michelin PS4s.
  5. L

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

My front washer pump doesn't work. The wipers work when I pull the stalk. The rear pump still works. Where do I start with troubleshooting? I can't find a fuse.
  6. L

Euro LED tail lights too bright.

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to reducing the brightness of my euro LED tails when the headlights are on. I used the OBDeleven app from DAP to code my lights. I have the BEC harness so only the outside lights should go bright when the brakes are on and...
  7. L

Golf R DriveTribe

I decided to set up a DriveTribe for Golf R/R32 related stuff. Check it out and join up! https://drivetribe.com/t/Op8jXBi_QfSvQAA5otDi4A/QriZ8H4RQFuzOAiygHoOSg
  8. L

Whats the first thing to buy for a new MK7 R?

I'll be taking delivery around Nov 15 ('17 DSG/DCC/Nav/DAP) and wondering what sorts of useful or fun things people do first to their new (or new to them) R. I don't plan to go straight into performance mods but figure there must be some quality of life things that people have found useful...