GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by krs

1. krs

4/10/24 Track Night @ HHR - Stormy attempts a FWD lap record (how will it end?)

Well that’s your problem, springs can’t make a hatchback look like a sedan. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  2. krs

RMS leak. OEM or try iAbed again.

I had two iABED fail, revised OEM has been solid.
  3. krs

Superpro lower control arms with added caster - Alignment concerns

I never said lazy, shifting the subframe to equalize settings is not a poor way of doing things. It's just the nature of the business using the slop in the subframe to get things within spec (green) and sending you on your way. So having a deadset kit prevents that tech from utilizing that same...
  4. krs

What's the intent behind a deadset kit? To maintain the alignment of the subframe, set consistent and proper geometry, mitigate the potential shifting and clunking of things eventually moving? This problem is not unique to VAG cars, pretty much any car with a subframe nowadays is really the same...
  5. krs

The shop that recommends not having a deadset kit is using that to their advantage, at your expense. My caster is not equal side to side, and it’s a non issue. The not tracking straight is due to their alignment, that they should correct.
  6. krs

MK7 Confessions

I think I’m getting bored of my car. It’s rarely driven outside of autox, and try as I might, I just don’t have much of anywhere to drive. 😕
  7. krs

Daily Driven STU Setup

Event #5 for the season, kind of a tough course. I just couldn’t pick up any real time through all eight runs. This was my second course I designed, and it kicked my ass to drive. Ended up 1st in STU, 3rd in RAW, and a crushing 13th in PAX. Today was a strange day, I just wasn’t feeling it...
  8. krs

4/10/24 Track Night @ HHR - Stormy attempts a FWD lap record (how will it end?)

I didn’t know Texas had canyons. Learn something new everyday.
  9. krs

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I have the p&b only on race mode, and it's not very loud. The ONLY reason I run this during an autocross is because the throttle responsiveness is crisp. Otherwise if I turn the car off, and back on while leaving it in race mode (p&b go away), the throttle hangs and is a turd. Not sure how to...
  10. krs

Splash Guards/Mud Flaps

https://www.e-acca.com/search.html?article=5GV075116&brand=VAG&withAnalogs=1 Plenty of vendors online have them, some showing in the UK.
  11. krs

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Flaps still open at a certain rpm regardless of mode.
  12. krs

I just re-read that you said 6 piston, probably not on that list that meet that.
  13. krs

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/informative-guide-on-possible-oem-front-brake-swaps-on-mqb-cars.433281/
  14. krs

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

My cracks are worse than that. Not worth the worry for autox in my opinion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  15. krs

Ha, yeah, guess that's what I get for skipping so much school back in the day.