GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by kraakmo

1. K

Help, spark plug tip broke inside cylinder.

Over 5,000 miles since I found the electrode. Changed the oil immediately afterwards - no metal shavings found. Changed the oil 4,500 miles later - no increase in oil consumption. Checking with amazon borescope - No visible damage to cylinder walls. Appeared to be visible damage to pistons...
  2. K

Hey @mk72k15 - I found the broken electrode in the intake manifold (during a time when the ticking noise was not happening). Literally took the manifold off, and as I was rotating it, I heard something loose inside of it. I shook it, and could hear something bouncing around. I opened the faps...
  3. K

ATE ceramic brake pad questions

One thing to keep in mind - "cold bite". Some pads require heat before they really bite, and will actually have better braking the hotter they get. This means that you sacrifice the stock "cold bite", which is beneficial around town and in parking lots, etc.
  4. K

IIRC, I did close the gap (stock is 0.028"), per APR: APR recommends NGK heat range 9 (NGK-R7437-9) spark plugs gapped to 0.024" ±0.002" or 0.6mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km. I have a spark plug gap tool at home, and have adjusted several spark plugs before...
  5. K

Hi All. So I also have had the same issue - 17 MK7 Golf R, dropped an electrode in Cylinder 3. A little history: I ran the NGK RS7 Plugs for 20K miles last year (on stock coils) - no issues what so ever. In January, I put in new NGK RS7 plugs AND the APR coil packs, and earlier this month (at...