GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by julianpb

1. J

Seized turbo wastegate arm

Thanks a lot for the info everyone. Definitely think I'll shoot for the IS20 upgrade. Looks like the Unitronic tune requires a downpipe upgrade too. What should I use if I'm only doing the turbo? Can someone also confirm that I won't cause any further damage by driving on my stuck-open...
  2. J

Oh, alright then. I assumed that most mechanics would stick to the book in terms of what VW states as being officially compatible. Would there be any further complication in going straight to an IS38? Or just a bit more $$?
  3. J

Yeah, I was also contemplating the turbo upgrade, but to be honest I have never had the intention to tune and tinker and from what I gather an IS20 needs an ECU tune to run properly which adds some $$. Is that accurate? Also, I have to imagine a regular mechanic won't install an upgrade like...
  4. J

Just had my 2015 1.8t TSI with 75,000kms in the shop and was told that after much tricky diagnosis, they discovered that my (factory) turbo wastegate actuator arm is seized, and so much so that all efforts to release it have failed. I don't have 100% confirmation, but I believe it's the circled...