GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Jmitchell4873

1. Jmitchell4873

RMS leak. OEM or try iAbed again.

OEM RMS is installed. iAbed was leaking between the crank flange and the seal itself, and yes it was installed correctly with the tool. This was the first known failure out of 52 iAbed installs from the shop I had do the work. Very unfortunate.......but now I will see what Issam from iAbed...
  2. Jmitchell4873

CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

I loved running before I got hurt, but I couldn't swallow my pride and accept the fact that a permanent profile wasn't the end of the world. I took the med board at 13 years and regretted it before I even finished my terminal leave. That was 11 years ago, and I still kick myself for that...
  3. Jmitchell4873

I just got my first couple pairs of custom insoles and it’s been life changing. My knee pain is low enough now, that I’m going to be getting back on the bike and start commuting on two wheels again.
  4. Jmitchell4873

Roof replaced today. Three pallets of shingles disappeared in a little over 4 hours. Those dudes did a 2200 sq ft roof faster than my kids can do their Saturday chores. Icing on the cake........the contractor wrote the invoice so that I don't have the eat the homeowners deductible. 35 year...
  5. Jmitchell4873

4/10/24 Track Night @ HHR - Stormy attempts a FWD lap record (how will it end?)

I guess I only have one more question then. At what point do you draw the line for time/money invested into trying to find the perfect combo? I know that hindsight is almost always 20/20, hopefully you'll nail the setup that you're shooting for on the next attempt.
  6. Jmitchell4873

Rear Tires Rubbing - Corrective Options

Wouldn't it be more like 7mm additional towards the fender side since you went from an 8.5 to a 9" wheel? The 9" wheel can also allow the wider tire to sit flatter, which can also increase the actual overall width of the tire too.
  7. Jmitchell4873

4/10/24 Track Night @ HHR - Stormy attempts a FWD lap record (how will it end?)

FIFY:: Got it. Less than one finger is bad. Two or more is good. I've got some Mk8 GTI springs, if you'd like to try something else before you drop more money on coilovers. I'm not sure of the actual part number, but I thought that I read they were possibly .25" lower than the Mk7...
  8. Jmitchell4873

Fairly certain you owe this dude a $3 paypal for using his lyrics without permission. 🤓
  9. Jmitchell4873

Sitting at work googling the shit out of lupus. My wife got a notification from the lab on Friday afternoon. Of course, her Dr. wasn't in to talk to her about a course of action......or to keep her from stressing out about a possible change in her quality of life. This definitely explains her...
  10. Jmitchell4873

I can usually separate the BS artists from the legit cars by asking plenty of questions before committing to come see it. Asking for specific pictures to verify the presence of common issues is a quick way to see if they are being evasive. The good dudes with nothing to hide will usually be...
  11. Jmitchell4873

Gawdammit!! I missed out on the toilet talk of 2024! I missed a golden opportunity to talk about one of my most knowledgeable subjects!
  12. Jmitchell4873

OEM should have been left in there…..but that ship sailed. I am now one of those old men that will tell the youngsters to keep the “while you’re in there” stuff to only what’s absolutely necessary.
  13. Jmitchell4873

I won’t be paying for this repair since it was only installed two months ago. The shop even offered to give me a courtesy car for the day or two that they have it back in the shop. If you were going to replace your leaking RMS, would you go with OEM or try something different like the 034?
  14. Jmitchell4873

Looking for opinions from those of you have swapped the RMS. Not many in the Mk8 world to get feedback from, so figured I would ask here since the sample size will be much larger. I had a reputable shop install the iAbed when I did a clutch upgrade. It has a small leak after 3000 miles...
  15. Jmitchell4873

Not a gamer (unless you count the occasional drive on Grand Turismo) and didn't know what Fallout was until I saw the trailer on Amazon. I watched a couple episodes and was surprised when my wife said she loved the show and wanted to catch up with me. She usually isn't into sci-fi or action...