GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by JM Popaleetus

1. J

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

Both a 32GB card with the CID patch, and the genuine 16GB card with only the contiguous 48 transferred, so it's not a space issue. I think it’s a PQ-MIB2 issue. The MIB2 Discord suggested to try transplanting the overall.nds file from my genuine card. I could also try patching in the MapCare...
  2. J

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

Anyone know if maybe the 2021 NAR maps uploaded have become corrupt? I've tried downloading multiple times to both VW and regular SD Cards, with and without the CID patch...and I always get the "Invalid Navigation Database" error. My V1 card with 2016 maps works fine. I'm running 0478 without...
  3. J

Ross-Tech Hex-V2 *sold*

PMing
  4. J

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Will in-fact work just fine (y).
  5. J

Jack did in-fact ask me for both my old and new part numbers. Of course he probably doesn't need them as he can just scan for it via the 5054 and FAZIT, but it doesn't hurt to have ready. Also I edited my post on the previous page with some ideas for your one CarPlay, two phones issue :).
  6. J

I'll dig around and see if there is a fix for that, because the MIB2 does support simultaneous connections to two Bluetooth sources. And it's not a limitation to Carplay because the infotainment system in GM vehicles allow exactly what you're describing. The 2019 Chevy Malibu I was given as a...
  7. J

Yup! I've been on TDIClub for years, and have linked your and golfdave's threads countless times over there. A great thing about this thread is, a lot of the information evolved as the community figured things out (such as being able to use the MIB1 amp). So before I could set out and do the...
  8. J

Long time lurker of the forum, and especially this thread. Figured I'd join and compile all the information that I personally applied. Huge thanks to George Ab for making this swap super easy. Also for shapeshifter1's super helpful post (follow the hyperlink for ROW part numbers) here: When...