GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by italiansallion

1. I

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

Of course as soon as the fix is available I sent in the signed forms for my buyback ? I do love the Alltrack though, looking forward to doing some suspension work and a JB4 on it when I finally get it!
  2. I

I’m pretty excited, I’m going for the silk blue with black interior, with the mud flaps, locking wheel bolts, cargo mat kit, and muddy buddy liners. Additionally, they are refunding me for my tint so I can go and get it done again!
  3. I

Just got off the phone with my buyback rep - I will be getting a 2019 Alltrack SEL in exchange for my GLI as well as a refund for the dealer add on options I had. Very happy with the huge upgrade I’m getting on this, especially considering how good of a deal I got on the GLI. The downside is if...
  4. I

I have a call with my regional case manager later today to hopefully finalize a deal on an Alltrack SEL with a few extra options. Assuming they reimburse me for the cost of my tint and resist all coating (both added on by the dealer), I may actually end up getting a refund to go to a car with a...
  5. I

Just a heads up to those following this thread and the NHTSA investigation, there should be some more info out soon as we are now past the extended deadline issues to VW for the data (November 29th). I'm curious to see what the findings are for this.
  6. I

Im currently working on getting an Alltrack SEL from VW to replace my GLI. Given that the car is around 6k more on MSRP, they want me to pay a little out of pocket but im still working with them to get that number down to nothing or to a manageable number for me. If I had the money to put down I...
  7. I

Update time from me - VW approved my buyback and Im working on getting a new car from them. At this point Im trying to go for the SEL Golf Alltrack so I have something a little more practical. We just have to work out the pricing and loan details now, and get an official buyback letter written...
  8. I

I'm in the same boat, it they will get me up to a 2019 golf R for a small bit of extra cash, I would go for it, otherwise I'm gonna go find something else
  9. I

dealers will definitely buy cars back, it’s just unlikely. My brother had his mustang bough back by the dealer after they did some rather poor paintwork to it (repainted the roof a few shades off). I actually almost bought a car from them before I got my GLI.
  10. I

Can you tell me a little more about this? I'm assuming they have to at least give me back what the car cost me...
  11. I

Well everyone, I just got the call from VW - they're buying back my GLI. I should have something worked out with them in the next 7 days, hopefully just gonna upgrade to a golf R and see what they can do for me. Thanks for all the help, and if anyone keeps having issues, try and get them on video.