GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by hurtmypony

1. H

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Hey, all! I have a 2018 VW GTI SE with the Start/Stop feature. When it stops the car momentarily at a red light, I notice the A/C fans keep blowing, but the air coming out of the vents is suddenly warm. My model does not have the climate control where you set a specific temperature - it...
  2. H

My lovely GTI got rear-ended yesterday...

Can anyone recommend a body shop near Gaithersburg, MD that is as adamant on using OEM replacement parts as I am? Got clobbered while waiting at a red light. It wouldn't start*, and smoke came out of the AC vents for a little while for some reason immediately after the collision. Wife and...
  3. H

What did you do to your mk7 today?

My new white 2017 GTI Sport purchased in Maryland had a black pinstripe. My wife liked how it looked, but I just never got used to it. The dealer generously agreed to remove it gratis about a month after purchase.
  4. H

I think it looks great. And likely isn't a disadvantage during nighttime maneuvers, either.
  5. H

You are likely right, but I put the other one on the lower right bumper and didn't think I'd like the symmetry of having the two on opposite corners... But what do I know? They are my firsts. Maybe I'll trim the white border on a second copy and replace it.
  6. H

Why does the Active Info Display chime the temperature every...single...time it detects it is 39 degrees Fahrenheit? I'd understand 32 degrees [freezing], but what is so special about 39 that it must chime and display? I'll forgive you if you live in my home state of Florida and are therefore...
  7. H

Took action when I realized that my newly 2017 VW GTI Sport boasted bi-xenon headlamps and way-cool cornering lights, but lacked automatic headlights. I added the aftermarket automatic feature via Ali Express for the kingly sum of $30-something. But I am more proud [and simultaneously...
  8. H

Hose/Cable hanging from undercarriage.

So, while approaching my parked GTI, I noticed this cable/hose seemingly dangling from the undercarriage. I haven’t noticed this before, but it is a new car, so I don't know if this recently began to dangle or if my shamefully dull observation skills simply failed to notice until now... Is...
  9. H

Rumbling/Vibration with cold engine.

Hello, all! I have a new 2017 VW GTI Sport. It seems like the car vibrates a bit until the engine warms up. It is subtle enough for me to just initially assume it was a rougher ride than my previous ride and/or the road quality immediately near my home. It seems as though the vibrating...
  10. H

Not necessarily exclusive to this forum, model or brand, but something I've always found curious...why does nearly everyone blur/blank out/physically cover their license plates when posting images of their cars? Is it to preserve their online anonymity - perhaps a measure toward keeping others...
  11. H

I think this is my first post! Not all today, but in the last week or so. I did a handful of very minor mods on my few-weeks-old 2017 VW GTI Sport, all of which were inspired and/or outright copied by threads on this forum. The Bell Front License drill-less mount: A magnetic phone mount...