GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hoon's latest activity

• Hoon
    Hoon replied to the thread New Garrett Turbos for MQB.
    The G25-660 is the big offering. It's just poor engineering. Too much wheel, not enough housing. EQT ran into the same issue testing...
  • Hoon
    G25-660, the bigger of the two current offerings.
  • Hoon
    The G25 is surging above 5k rpm. Real surge in the top end, not a little spool flutter. I also think you're going to be very...
  • Hoon
    RIP this turbo. Talk about surge, yikes. Garrett seemed to just stuff big wheels into small housings without actually verifying it...
  • Hoon
    First dyno test of the big one shows it's a wet noodle. Doesn't make over 30psi without excessive shaft speed. I don't like to judge...
  • Hoon
    Misfires are normal.
  • Hoon
    APR's way of tuning is very archaic.
  • Hoon
    Hoon replied to the thread EQT tuning is Trash!.
    Correct me if i'm wrong (i'm not rereading this bullshit) but that was in response to someone else who asked about a live tune, not the OP.
  • Hoon
    Hoon replied to the thread EQT tuning is Trash!.
    You've certainly got the monopoly on looking silly. Ed offers to live tune your car free and you fly off the handle because he didn't...
  • Hoon
    Hoon replied to the thread CHINESE DOWNPIPE.
    No, unless you have a clogged cat it's unrelated. 115C is normal btw, especially with a little spirited driving or AC use.
  • Hoon
    Hoon reacted to aaronc7's post in the thread APR Stage 3 TCU with Like Like.
    I don't think the APR tune does anything to pre-emptively increase line pressure and thus might have been playing catch up a lot of the...
  • Hoon
    Hoon replied to the thread APR Stage 3 TCU.
    And there goes the thread lol
  • Hoon
    I'm in love with this 1980 Malibu that's for sale locally, but I want to buy it as a roller and he doesn't want to sell it that way. The...
  • Hoon
    agree. i don't know. I'm going to try to wait awhile but I have the itch already lol. I'm thinking LSx, Auto, RWD, all the boost. Maybe...
  • Hoon
    Hoon reacted to jimlloyd40's post in the thread APR Stage 3 TCU with Like Like.
    @Hoon I admire what you did and the immense amount of work, effort and money you've put into it. You have definitely exposed all the...