GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hoon's latest activity

• Hoon
    Hoon reacted to The Dude's post in the thread My GTI my way with Like Like.
    he said you couldn't see it anyway.
  • Hoon
    Hoon replied to the thread My GTI my way.
    Can't see a thing. Kind of crazy actually
  • Hoon
    Hoon reacted to JerseyDrew77's post in the thread DBV2 V3 TBB Hybrid Turbo with Like Like.
    Yep, already disclosed that on post #23.
  • Hoon
    Hoon replied to the thread DBV2 V3 TBB Hybrid Turbo.
    My head has stock ports, specifically to maintain stock TQ, drivability, spool, and VE.
  • Hoon
    Hoon replied to the thread Pistons?.
    They do that for consistency, not because it's better. I'd much rather have 82.5mm, but if I were building engines for a business I'd...
  • Hoon
    Hoon replied to the thread Opinion on EQT vs Stratified?.
    Ed has forgotten more about this platform than Alex will ever know.
  • Hoon
    Hoon replied to the thread CTS/OEM is38 turbo.
    Hard pass. It's going to be an IS38 with cheaper materials and no QC. Buy the one from FCP Euro.
  • Hoon
    Why would you want to disable the secondary O2 with the stock cat in place? You've physically maintained emissions compliance, but...
  • Hoon
    His gasoline tunes have been terrible and every single stage 2 and up tune disables the CEL from the after cat O2. The primary O2 is...
  • Hoon
    Hoon replied to the thread EA888 rev limit.
    Because it's a speed density setup. It has to be modeled, that's how it calculates fueling, otherwise it would need a MAF sensor.
  • Hoon
    Depends on the setup...if it's a big turbo car and power is the only consideration, port the head for sure. Our basic hybrid daily...
  • Hoon
    Exactly, so when you port the head, you have manipulated the VE curve, and it now does not match the one modeled in the ECU. I can't...
  • Hoon
    Google and understand "volumetric efficiency". It is modeled in the ECU. Messing with it in a closed loop factory ECU can become a...
  • Hoon
    $2 vs like $130 or whatever my local dealer quoted for a 1oz tube of the VW stuff.
  • Hoon
    Like 1/4 of 1 tube for the valve cover. Just enough to run a decent bead. Ultra gray is not recommended by VW so use at your own risk