GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by HJ38

1. H

Golf 1.8T General Consensus on 09G transmission

I'm more open to the idea of doing my own install of a possible IS20 or IS38. @Sparky589, could you specify what tune/setup worked with the IS38 and didn't throw a code? If I can buy the complete IS38 kit from FCP Euro for something like $1100, install an aftermarket downpipe for 500 or so...
  2. H

Sounds good. Sounds good. Would you recommend buying a JB4 new so that I can have George’s help with fine tuning, or do you think there’s enough info our there for us 09G guys with IS20? Especially for my trans, I was under the impression that the IS38 would be better because the torque comes...
  3. H

I’d like to be a bit more informed about my decision. My best bet if I were to go big turbo would be IS38 or IS20, and would the best option (considering the 09G) be a JB4 on top of my Stage 1 APR 91 Oct tune? That way CA smog is less of a hassle, and I can play with boost by gear to deal with...
  4. H

Yup, that’s pretty much around what I’m doing. Making my TSI a GTI for a fraction of the cost, and eventually I’ll buy a beater car to have some fun with. Not sure if me asking this is against the rules/too off topic, but where did you find your Miata?
  5. H

Yeah, as appealing it all seems to push what is really an economy car to be almost a low 12 second car, especially with mine being a MK7.5, it’s too expensive and nice of a daily to stick all these mods into. Stage 1 gives me the bit more power I need, so I’ll keep it at that. Thanks for the...
  6. H

Thanks for you detailed and quick reply! Smog is pretty far away for me, so that shouldn’t be too big a problem. It does seem like to do this properly, I’d need to go MPI, upgrade fueling, and tinker to a point where it no longer is a reliable daily, and since I don’t want to do the installs...
  7. H

Appreciate the advice, I do agree with what you said about just staying stage 1 and calling it a day, and that’s likely what I’ll do: the cost, reliability, and convenience are too good to pass up.
  8. H

Bumping and tagging some of the guys I know have some experience with this. @ZuMBLe @Sparky589 @StorableComa @nickbrun @TwinDad. Thanks!
  9. H

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been going through almost all of the 1.8T specific threads on this forum, and firstly wanted to thank all of the people who've documented their builds, their experiences with different tunes, and generally provided information; it's made everything for...