GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GolfR75

1. G

Driving profiles modification tool!

This is awesome. The changes I want to make for my MK7.5 Golf R (with stock Eco, Comfort, Normal, Race, and Custom), are for “Normal” mode to be called “Sport” mode, with all settings the same as Normal, with the exception of the transmission & lights be set to Race. I also want to modify Eco...
  2. G

MIB2 Infotainment firmware update question

Hi, I installed a firmware update on my car. Everything worked, but I ended up with two fault codes stored 1555 (check software version management) and 1556. I was able to clear the 1555 error via the help of the ross-tech forums, but I am unable to figure out how to clear the 1556 error. This...
  3. G

Anyone else’s center console lid rattle?

You were exactly right! That armrest is a bitch to get out, but I popped it out slightly and the rattling completely stopped. Pushed it back into place, and now no more rattling!
  4. G

I did see that video. Unfortunately, the North American GTI has a completely different armrest than the R. The R’s armrest doesn’t have that little flappy piece.. As an update on the previous comment, I did tightened the screws some more, but it still rattles some, though it did help... I might...
  5. G

Using a ratcheting screwdriver to tighten them as tight as I could, I tightened the two T20 screws that are located under the armrest after removing the plastic cover. I then reinstalled the two plastic covers, and the rattling has been siginificantly reduced. I could probably tighten it even...
  6. G

Mine came unlocked and ratcheting from the factory, like the Euro spec does. I think that all 2019’s came this way.
  7. G

2019 R. I can hear it rattling constantly over bumpy roads, and it’s very annoying. Closing the armrest does silence the rattle somewhat, but not completely. As shown in the photo below, I’ve taken apart the two plastic covers on the bottom and removed two screws, but I can’t seem to find...
  8. G

Cracked climate control temperature display

I know this was posted over a year ago, but mine has done the same thing, and i’ve discovered the cause. It’s because of the sun coming in through the side windows and shining directly at the plastic on the climate control display. This plastic isn’t strong enough to withstand sitting in direct...
  9. G

Auto Hold indicator light in instrument cluster

Did anyone ever figure out how to enable the green "PARK" indicator light to light up in the instrument cluster when Auto Hold is active on MK7 Golf R? I am aware that this is standard operation for the EU model. I did find some old posts online, many suggesting that enabling Byte 8 Bit 1, and...