GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GJK

1. G

Is the towing eye optional equipment?

After one year of ownership I finally looked at my tool kit and noticed that there is no towing eye. The manual says something about not every model having the same set of tools, but it's not clear if the eye is optional. It's not a big deal, but was just wondering if it's missing for others too...
  2. G

Removing Sirius prompt after trial finishes?

The easiest way to switch from FM to AM is by using the Band button, but that takes you through the Sat screen and a message saying "You are no longer a subscriber..." pops up and forces you to press the Okay button to get rid of the message - even if you scroll back to the FM or AM screens. My...
  3. G

What car did you pass your driving test in?

Dodge Dart, circa 1973.
  4. G

Park Distance Control?

Has anybody gone for the Park Distance Control option? I'm getting the Trendline TSI (which doesn't have the rearview camera) and thinking of it. There are some older threads for a UK version where some people talked about problems with it - but I think that may be a different thing (they talked...
  5. G

Warranty Period

Here in Canada the comprehensive warranty for a Golf (and any other VW) is for 4 years / 80,000 km. That's a year longer than warranties for most US and Japanese cars here. Are warranty periods for Golf in other countries longer than for competitors?