GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by FirstGTI2021

1. F

To DSG or not to DSG…?

In looking for my first GTI I have been holding out for a 6MT, but have noticed the DSGs are trading at $1-3k less than MTs. Curious if others have had the debate and made the choice to switch based on availability and price? especially in this current market, seems everything it trading at a...
  2. F

2016 Golf R SOLD

Can you share any interior pictures? How many owners?
  3. F

WTB 2018-2020 SE 6MT

Bump - Open to other colors - options if people are looking to sell - still prefer same years though.
  4. F

WTB 2018-2020 SE 6MT

Hello- I am looking for a 2018-2020 SE 6 MT Prefer White-silver or dark iron blue.
  5. F

Engine Cradle repair or replace? Car on hold….

Repair shop mentioned they couldn’t share specifics unless I had the license plate or owners name. They did state that what they did was not frame related, and “minor” in nature. Wouldn’t share more.
  6. F

If there is a new SE, 6 speed MT out there I can get around this price I would be very interested, but I haven’t been able to locate one yet. Unfortunately even 2019 used models are in the 5-6k higher range(close to new it seems) Certainly appreciate any insight!
  7. F

Surprisingly all 4 tires matched and were essentially new, not great brand name, but new - vredstein.
  8. F

In person, the paint was more blue than it appears in the photos. I couldn’t figure out the wheels though, they did appear to be dipped or coated, I saw it peeling in one spot. I will give the dealer where the trade in looks like it happened (prior to carmax) a call tomorrow to see what else I...
  9. F

Price 22.9k usd. (2019 SE, 6 speed MT, leather, <50k mi) Car was run ~1300 mi before being sold after the repair.
  10. F

Thank you all for the quick replies - I do have their number and was planning to call tomorrow when open. Also I see there was a visit to a VW dealer after the repair, then car was shortly sold after that to re-seller( not for sale at dealership but national reseller) I did take a look under...
  11. F

Hello - I am in the process of finding / purchasing a GTI. I am looking at 2019 from a dealer and the car fax has a MX report that the “engine cradle was repaired or replaced”. Car has less than 50k miles and all maintenance, except for this, was performed at VW dealers. Does anyone have...