GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by EVILAUDI

1. EVILAUDI

-3.0* camber too much for daily?

Here is a picture of the Verkline subframe with OEM TTRS 8S LCAs.
  2. EVILAUDI

If you are more Track than Street then Verkline is the hot ticket: https://www.verkline.com/product-category/audi/audi-tt-rs-ttrs-8s/
  3. EVILAUDI

Mine are rubber but fairly stiff. Most people upgrade to the JBX bushings. I am running the JBX rear trailing arm bushings but haven't done the front LCA yet. https://www.jxbperformance.com/products/mqb-spherical-front-lower-control-arm-bushing-upgrade-a3-golf
  4. EVILAUDI

Strut tower cut-off for camber adjustment

I didn't build to a specific SCCA class because they just don't have many decent events in my area. I participate mostly in Midwestern Council, Gridlife or run what you brung type. The dual adjustable shocks do sometimes bump me up in classing but I don't really care. There is one event I...
  5. EVILAUDI

It depends on your class I guess. "Cars equipped with MacPherson strut suspension may add or remove material from the top of the strut tower to facilitate installation of adjuster plate. The sides of the strut tower may not be modified." The fronts have both low speed and high speed rebound...
  6. EVILAUDI

No. But I really don't think you can blame camber plates for clunking. There just aren't that many moving parts. A few posts back I showed them with the poly insulator and I hear that option is OEM like for noise. Mine do have a bit more crisp or sharpness to them. It's not a buzz...
  7. EVILAUDI

They are the Gen 2 Ground Control camber plates. I'm not 100% sold on them being the best option but there aren't many adjustable options.
  8. EVILAUDI

I have been running with mine opened up for a couple years ... no issues even with lots of track time. I did go for more camber and had to dremel off additional inner tower material. Also be advised the shock shaft moves around when you are turning so be sure to check that it doesn't make...
  9. EVILAUDI

What are you looking for here as I can shoot you pics of whatever. As for the OP's question I run -3* with no unusual side effects. It just took a bunch of massaging to get the chassis to allow that much camber.
  10. EVILAUDI

If the choice was between Ohlins and KW I'd probably go with Ohlins. The thing is I have no idea how they will fit on your platform. Something as simple as the fender can be the difference between lowered looking and slammed. I will say that Ohlins has fantastic customer support so you...
  11. EVILAUDI

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Here is the under tray for the TTRS. It's hard plastic but easy enough to cut vents into if needed. The hole in this is from the factory it lets air in and that silver aluminum air guide forces it up to the cooling fins of the bevel box (AKA transfer case). I think this is mainly because it...
  12. EVILAUDI

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

I'm looking at the lower control arm covers. If I end up changing the exhaust I may also add the Verus diffuser which seems legit. If nothing else I can follow their lead to fab something similar up.
  13. EVILAUDI

On my TTRS they leave the entire driveshaft tunnel and exhaust uncovered. There are also cooling fins on the rear diff / haldex so I'm fairly certain I shouldn't cover those up. But I like the idea of enhancing the LCAs. I also purchased another right side rear cover for the left side as they...
  14. EVILAUDI

I'd call and ask they have great phone support. If you are in this thread and still looking for camber plates I do have a set I'm selling: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/fs-ground-control-camber-plates.381817/ I'll drop the price to $350 shipped for those in this thread.
  15. EVILAUDI

FS - Ground Control Camber Plates

I have some used Ground Control camber plates for sale. New these are $450 plus tax and shipping. I'm asking $375 shipped in the continental USA. Most people are able to achieve -2.8* with these. They work with stock suspension and aftermarket coilovers. These hats are setup for 2.5" ID...