GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by defect

1. D

Bellevue area shop recs

You know... I was going to have a lazy day in, but maybe you changed my mind by asking at the right time 😄 DirtFish is only like 20 minutes away from me.
  2. D

Bellevue area shop recs

Thanks! I'll keep Stone's in mind. I joined Avants just this past week, someone at work recommended it too. The discount has already paid the membership back.
  3. D

Bellevue area shop recs

Oh man, yeah he is. He's blessed me with so much shop talk.
  4. D

Bellevue area shop recs

For posterity: ended up going to Achtuning to ask questions and ended up giving them business same-day, the guys over there are great. Kelly especially has been working closely with me.
  5. D

Bellevue area shop recs

Oh, maybe that's the confusion. Achtuning is the shop, they're an APR (among other things) dealer. Got a call back from them this morning actually, seems APR is having server problems, but they don't support downpipes anymore anyway so I may end up going Unitronic instead for future stage 2...
  6. D

Bellevue area shop recs

Based on the research I have done, I have a decent idea of what mods I want to start with (ECU/TCU, intake, springs, so on). In any case I need to find reputable shops to start forming working relationships with. Can you help me understand why I wouldn't want to use Achtuning? Can you recommend...
  7. D

Bellevue area shop recs

Then I'd very much appreciate pointers :)
  8. D

Bellevue area shop recs

Hey folks. I'm thinking about dipping my toes into modding for the first time, on my mk7.5. I live eastside, so I'm looking for shop/tech recommendations in sort of the Bellevue-ish area (or even around Issaquah/Sammamish); ideally one that has friendly folks for my newb self. I only know of...