GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by darrenrob

1. darrenrob

DarrenRob's MK7 R

Nope, we had some bad weather this side so only a bit of dirt and water droplets. The paint is it excellent condition 😁
  2. darrenrob

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Same here, took it to get oil temps up and fluids running. Keep well!
  3. darrenrob

DarrenRob's MK7 R

Well spotted! I bought the car from a VW dealer in Johannesburg which is around 1,400kms (+- 900 miles) so the painters tape did wonders on the drive down to Cape Town. We cant get anything besides basic food and medical supplies at the moment (we have one of the strictest lockdowns worldwide)...
  4. darrenrob

DarrenRob's MK7 R

Unfortunately I don't have DCC. Springs are doing OK for now but want that slightly lower look and improved feel occasionally.
  5. darrenrob

DarrenRob's MK7 R

They are these in 19": https://inforged.com.tw/Product.asp?prdid=288 Looking at changing the rims to 19" Pretoria's but they're pretty common in SA or BBS CI-R 20" which are damn expensive. I'm also considering getting some coil-overs to replace the springs (merely for the ability to adjust).
  6. darrenrob

DarrenRob's MK7 R

I thought I would share my previous Golf 7 GTI on here too :)
  7. darrenrob

DarrenRob's MK7 R

Hi all. Updated: 8 September 2020 I'm Darren from Cape Town, South Africa. I bought a Lapiz Blue Golf 7 R. I've owned 3 GTI's (2 MK6's and an MK7) before the R - enjoying the difference in driving experience. Mod list: - Wheels - now running OEM 19" Pretoria wheels (sprayed graphite with...