GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Covelight

1. Covelight

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

You're right about the last sentence. I was nervous about getting a Vortex after seeing three of them fail in the same week so I opted for this kit. It was disappointing being on stock fueling, but it's bearable with the upgraded fueling for the time being. I honestly wanted to not roll the dice...
  2. Covelight

It's a stop gap until I can afford HPA's VR550T lol.
  3. Covelight

Unacceptable. There can't be limits when I'm Down To Race.
  4. Covelight

Not that I know of. The shop never had any error codes pop up for them when flashing my car for stock fueling or upgraded fueling. They also took my car out to road test everything prior to me picking my car up and nothing ever happened.
  5. Covelight

Curious to know if anyone else has been experiencing the same problem I've been experiencing lately. I leave the car either in Race/Auto or Race/Manual and go for pulls - safely. When it reaches the rev limit to shift into the next gear, the car cuts power to less than stock levels when I'm...
  6. Covelight

APR DTR6054 Real World Results and Reviews

Update: Upgraded fueling on 93 octane for the past two weeks. The car feels more eager to get off of the line in either a regular acceleration or mashing your foot into the throttle from a stop. Higher-speed pulls feel more consistent but the stock downpipe is still a hindrance. I think mine is...
  7. Covelight

Sound clip request: AMS carbon intake

No worries. When I was in the market for an intake, I emailed MST if their inlet/intake would fit my DTR6054 (back when I bought it, it was new to the market) and they didn't have anything. I opted for the Blaze since I heard they were making an inlet specific for the DTR and went that route...
  8. Covelight

I'm not sure if you're in the group - I only used it to find what parts I wanted to fit to my car - but here's some off of a search: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/MvZTtQ5giwuzDfxP/?mibextid=oFDknk, https://www.facebook.com/share/p/rw6tMHjLxxy7sYJa/?mibextid=oFDknk...
  9. Covelight

I used to use your chart on my Mk7 R (I previously went with an MST intake on it) before getting my Mk7.5 R. I know you and the owners of EQT have had multiple arguments. I'm not an EQT fan boy but the results of multiple custom tunes speak for themselves regarding the Blaze intake. I'll leave...
  10. Covelight

MK7 vs FK8 CTR

I've seen some modded Type Rs but haven't run one since going DTR + fueling. Envious they're able to get away with a catless downpipe while I'm stuck on the stock one. Video a while ago of a Jetta GLI with only the DTR and no other supporting mods against a supposed FBO Type R...
  11. Covelight

Yep. Also forgot to mention, they checked for the "Full Send" files for my car, there wasn't any available. I never used launch control before since my OEM mounts were on their way out. I'll give it a whirl when I get the chance and see if I can upload a clip. Edit: the planets must've aligned...
  12. Covelight

Small update: I got my car back from the shop today. Fueling and mounts on 93. It's about a 15-minute drive from my house to the shop with nothing but poorly-paved NYC streets. Turbo spool is noticeably louder than before (I'm happy), and it feels like there's increased boost compared to before...
  13. Covelight

I'm pretty sure all closed intakes will sound the same, quiet and whatnot. Also, nearly $700? My opinion, buy this instead. https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi-mqb-2-0t-mk7-8v/products/blaze-performance-atom-v2-air-intake-system There are people with built motors and much larger turbos...
  14. Covelight

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I've no idea. It's my first time seeing such a setup in person lol.
  15. Covelight

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dropped my R off at the shop to have my HPFP/LPFP/DTR re-tune on 93 octane this morning. A Mk4 R32 in for track prep with KW suspension bits.