GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ClancyMcCintock

1. C

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

That is very interesting, but, yeah, I’m certainly not the one to attempt to tune that project. And the injectors are the same for the GTi and the GLi. https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2017_Jetta-GLI-20L-SULEV-MT-FWD-GLI-Sedan/Fuel-Injector/90356372/06A906036Q.html
  2. C

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Yeah, Jetta GLI from 2016. CPPA engine code, if I remember correctly. I‘ll start a thread on the build.
  3. C

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Yeah, I was.:( Another reason I was hoping I could just upgrade the internals of my HPFP to get to 400hp. The whole tuning issue. I see MPI tables in there.
  4. C

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Are you being ironic? Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend. I was just thinking of is38 OTS tunes like APR that get 400 hp on the GTi and 350 hp on the 1.8, both with the same LPFP, so I wasn’t thinking the LPFP was a limiting factor on the 350hp. I’m not at all trying to be an expert. Please...
  5. C

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Thank you for this. It’s very informative to me. So torque (at lower RPMs) is limited by HPFP, and ultimate power is limited by the injectors. That’s of particular interest to me because I’m putting a Jetta GLi engine in which has the bigger injectors, but still Need things to work with the...
  6. C

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

It has the same LPFP as the GTi.
  7. C

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Thank you for posting that dyno chart. The lesson from it being that at 6500 the fuel pump is limiting the power. It doesn’t surprise me that the torque increases lower down, but it seems to defeat my idea of making 400 hp at 6500 rpm with 325 ftlbs. The increased spool impresses me (I’m spool...
  8. C

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

The best I can find from my logs with my modifiEd Maestro tune (I never touched fuel pressures) is 340 ftlbs at 2972 PUT at 4600 RPM and the rail pressure is 200000. So that’s not saying much. Except that Eurodyne is using full fuel pressure and APR is not, and the fuel pressure wasn’t dropping...
  9. C

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Something I realized last night that seems like it should be added to the knowledge base, if it turns out to be “knowledge“ in practice: The HPFP is run by the intake camshaft and spins in step with the engine, so it’s limitation is how much fuel it can put into the cylinders per rotation...
  10. C

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Sorry. I didn’t mean that. It’s just that I need a solution that plays nicely with the stock tune so I can pass emissions. I thought if I could swap the internals on the stock HPFP, then any tune would work with it.
  11. C

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

3 people with years of experience with this are saying MPI. Ok. you’d be a fool not to heed this. And I saw Diggs removed his autotech HPFP because of pressure spikes. But one more question so my mind doesn’t nag me: Is the advice the same if I tell you I’m putting a 2.0 Jetta GLI engine in my...
  12. C

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Even though it’s old, this thread seems to the repository of knowledge on going beyond the stock HPFP on the 1.8T . Has anybody tried the Autotech high volume fuel pump internal kit? https://www.bmptuning.com/products/autotech-high-volume-fuel-pump-upgrade-kit-ea888-gen-3 That page lists...
  13. C

EPC Light & P0299 Underboost APR Stage 1

On my 2019 Alltrack with a bigger turbo I would get underboost errors around 3000 +- 150 RPM. There is logic in my ECU that reports this if I haven’t spooled up yet. I’m using Eurodyne Maestro, and maybe the logic is in Maestro, but it seems more like an OEM thing. There’s an error check that...
  14. C

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

Is there any logical way to compare your VIR numbers to Car and Driver’s Lightning Lap numbers? Or might you have the numbers for the same loop? I’d like to see how this compares. Also, I see you had timing chain tensioner hardware failure. That sounds worrisome. is that something we should check?