GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by CeleritasPrime

1. C

Hengst E358H D246 oil filter....thoughts?

This came with my ECS oil kit. I noticed it has plastic caps instead of the gel-like ones on the Mann filters. Does anyone have good or bad experience with the Hengst filters? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. C

Replacing the wiring hatchback wiring boot/grommet (right side)- what a nightmare

The goal here was to install the rear part of a dash cam, following this excellent DIY on The Source of All Knowledge, aka YouTube. However. I broke the boot/grommet running from the body. This, left unfixed, would allow water to run into the headliner. What I did wrong, was attempting to...
  3. C

Does anyone make plaid seat covers for my plaid seats?

The fabric in my 2017 Sport is fraying....again. The car's less than two years old, and I already got one warranty replacement of the upholstery on the driver's seat. My previous car's cloth seats made it sixteen long years with nowhere near this amount of wear. Very reluctantly I have...
  4. C

What car does your partner drive?

We both have CSG 2017 GTI’s. Hers is a S w/DSG and mine is a Sport w/MT. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. C

Briefly-stiff steering and red steering wheel light while cornering

....so at my last track day, I was lucky enough to have a session with noooo traffic at all. I pushed like mad, and had a blast, throwing the car into bends and powering out with all care (and smoothness) gone out the window. The car was OK with it....mostly. On one occasion and one...
  6. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Yes, very much. It’s super progressive and positive. I actually bought the ECS clutch bleed block but it did not fit well - the clips were really loose and it kind of flopped around - so I ended up taking the restrictor out of the stock unit. The key was to remove the third clip and the...
  7. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Brand new Indy 500’s replace the (probably half-worn) stock all-seasons today at 14k miles. On Saturday I removed the wee little clutch delay restrictor thingie, easy-peezy. Tonight she gets a fresh loaf of Liqui Moly Leichtlauf and a good under-hood cleaning. Life is good for my Sport these...
  8. C

I'm officially a VW owner - CEL @ 1502 miles!

Okay, so it was self-inflicted. It turns out I started the car right after an oil change....but I had failed to re-install the oil cap, causing a high idle. After I installed the oil cap and restarted the car, it threw a CEL for -- you guessed it -- unexpectedly high idle. This is my wife's...
  9. C

New-model Firestone Indy 500's - any feedback?

Despite my best efforts (two track days and twelve thousand street miles) my OEM Bridgestones aren't completely dead. My guess is I've got a couple of months and/or another track day before they're destroyed.... ...in the meantime, does anyone have experience with their GTI on the new-for-2017...
  10. C

Track Day Prep

I am preparing for my second track day. Currently my car (2017 GTI Sport) has "dealer" Castrol 5w-40 with around 1500 miles installed. Weather will be around 82F according to the forecasts. This is an SCCA Track Night in America event, so it's three 20-minute sessions. The car is completely...
  11. C

These are such a strange combo! Cool! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. C

We have matching GTI’s. Before that we had matching “new edge” Mercury Cougars. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. C

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I have practiced this but actually removing the battery from my fob and it works fine. Getting the little plastic bit off the key hole on the outside without scratching the paint can be tricky so I would recommend you do it a couple of times in controlled conditions before you're someplace...
  14. C

VW sez - Take it to the Track!

http://newsroom.vw.com/community/how-to-take-your-performance-vw-to-the-track/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. C

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Yeah, it would be nice to have the option. At least for some entertainment. Mine's a manual and I find it a little disconcerting not knowing the gear when I drive my wife's car. Maybe someone can figure out how to do it with OBD Eleven.