GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by C vinson

1. C

For track: anyone do BBK front AND rear?

Hi everyone, I've been tracking my 2016 R quite a bit (40+ track days/year). I've slowly done track upgrades including ground control camber plates, H&R swaybars, and the Brembo BBK in front. I was very happy with this setup until I did an APR stage 2+. Now with this power level I feel that...
  2. C

(Montreal) 4 x 17" VW tronics + 205/50/17 Nokian hakkapeliitta 8

Best winter tire combo for the Golf R. Sadly used only 800kms before I upgrade to a BBK and they don't fit anymore. Tronics alone were $342 each. https://www.vwpartsandservice.ca/p/Volkswagen__Golf-R/17-Tronic-Wheel---Winter-Wheel---Silver/63618661/5G0601025K8Z8.html Hakkas were around...
  3. C

Video of camber plate noise -- is this normal?

[Edit: It isn't normal, was due to an install issue, will post more about it further down!] Had some Ground Control camber plates installed to improve my track day contact patch. They definitely worked in that sense; I have before / after pyrometer tests saying that -2.5 front camber is ideal...
  4. C

Camber options aside from camber plates?

Hey everyone, I track my Golf R often, and burn through the external edges of tires. After doing some pyrometer testing, and asking some fast R drivers, I discovered that I needed negative camber. I added VWR springs and Ground Control camber plates, set to -2.5 degrees. With this setup, I...