GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bradbusa

1. B

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Another happy customer of Jake’s checking in here. I was rocking an ARM down pipe with stock exhaust and after a few weeks just wasn’t really happy with the final result. Jake was super quick to respond, and even shipped my mid pipe out the same day I sent payment to him. Can’t recommend him...
  2. B

FREE GTI All Weather Monster Mats

shipping to 34135?
  3. B

MIB2 firmware update tutorial (VW Audi Skoda Seat download links)

Hello all, I am trying to update my mib2 firmware and want to be sure I select the proper software. I have 2017 gti current software train is MST2_US_VW_P0631D mu 0753 The folder for Delphi units has 3 versions, P0635D, P0867D, and P0870D. I need to stick with the P0635, correct? Also, is there...
  4. B

Anybody press in/out bearings wheel hubs?

On the mk7 gti, the wheel bearings are part of the hubs - they just bolt in.. To my knowledge, no pressing is required. The front hub/bearing bolts onto the spindle and the axle passes through it. The rear hub/bearing has an axle stub that sandwiches the hub/bearing onto the spindle.
  5. B

EQT IS38+

I ordered my EQT is38+ on April 27th and it hasn't shipped yet. Apparently this is a popular item for them - Their website is now showing them as "out of stock". I plan on doing the install myself. I decided to stay with EQT because i planned on using their OTS tune. The convenience of being...
  6. B

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Is there a way to find out what vehicles were originally fitted with these covers? I have access to partslink, but you have to search by VIN, so if the part doesn't match your VIN, it won't show up, or it'll be greyed out. It won't back-search and tell you what car could've had it. My dealer...
  7. B

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Thanks for the reply. My dealer was somehow able to send both mk5 and mk8 rear axle covers even after stating the rear cover didn't exist anymore:unsure: Is one preferred over the other? Or does one require less modification? Thanks, Brad
  8. B

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Hey all, I'm looking for some advice. I will be installing an ARM catted downpipe soon onto an is38 gti. I have completely stock exhaust currently and will only be replacing turbo and downpipe. Will this set up leave me with a lot of drone? Or should I look into replacing the resonator with the...
  9. B

Hello, I am trying to piece together all the parts for the rear axle cover. I have a 2017 gti, and the mkv cover (1k0 501 713D) seems to keep coming up NLA. Should I look for the mk8 cover? I'm a little confused with the 2 sets of parts required listed. Thanks, Brad
  10. B

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Thanks for the reply guys. I would love to just order a do88 intercooler and forget about it, however I can't seem to justify the cost when it seems like some ebay options might perform as well or close to the same for less than half the price. :-/ It seems like a lot of members here have been...
  11. B

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Hey guys, first post here. Recently joined the GTI fam and am looking to upgrade the intercooler on my car. I've read quite a bit on several threads about the stock replacement intercoolers, the front mount, and the twin intercooler setups.. So this thread is roughly 4 years old now.. is the...