GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by BlackDog68

1. BlackDog68

FS: OEM Austins (4x) - $350 OBO - SOLD

Just giving positive review for this seller, quick responses , good pricing and fast shipping!
  2. BlackDog68

Park Assist, Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control - Worth Getting?

Short answer, I have these and wouldn’t get them again. Detailed answer: These came on my used Autobahn and I admit I was intrigued with them. The reality is that driving in and out of a major city the ACC is useless within 15 miles of the city, the proximity sensors are always going off for...
  3. BlackDog68

The Unofficial New England Introduce yourself Thread!

Hey, does anyone have a shop they recommend for taking care of wheel rash? Freaking Cambridge curbs!
  4. BlackDog68

Integrated Engineering - Why Can't I Find Any Threads?

I researched IE about a year ago and only found good reviews, even if everyone agreed it was just another good OTS stage one tune. I had APR stg 1 on my car but wanted more. The shop that installed the APR also sold EI and I asked about switching to IE ( I was still in the APR trial period) and...
  5. BlackDog68

CTS/OEM is38 turbo

Thanks for all the info on emissions, I don’t know that It would fail but have been told it would be a bit of a crap shoot.
  6. BlackDog68

CTS/OEM is38 turbo

Over on VWVortex I found this: https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/is38-question-cts-vs-ihi-vs-oem-vw.9434379/post-114721259 for those interested in the CTS is38.
  7. BlackDog68

CTS/OEM is38 turbo

Circles https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/is38-tune-with-factory-downpipe.372168/page-2 TY google.
  8. BlackDog68

CTS/OEM is38 turbo

Has anyone run an is38 with custom tune but no DP? I’m curious as I won’t pass inspection with the DP and due to a back injury I’d have to pay some to swap it in and out.
  9. BlackDog68

CTS/OEM is38 turbo

The FCP option looks good, I'm not interested in maxing out on power so avoiding fuel mods if possible , though I may go as far as the HPFP.
  10. BlackDog68

CTS/OEM is38 turbo

Hi I think this info might be out there but I can’t find it. Hers seems to be a new product from CTS https://www.ctsturbo.com/product/cts-turbo-is38-replacement-turbocharger-for-mqb-golf-gti-golf-r-audi-a3-s3-2015/ at a really good price right now. I was thinking of going stg 2 but may skip it...
  11. BlackDog68

APR vs EQT

There’s no difference in the numbers, slight tilt to EQT in butt dyno, It’s all about future expansion with AP, and it costs less with resale.
  12. BlackDog68

Big Turbo GTI v. R Upgrade

I woke up a t 4 a.m. a realized what a shitty thing I posted, I thought it through and whatever triggered me didn't warrant my post. I'll strive to be better. JerseyDrew77 was a bigger man, I apologize.
  13. BlackDog68

APR vs EQT

I've had both tunes on my car, and they are both great, I took the APR tune off because I'll probably go Stage 2 and home flashing is a requirement to pass emissions if I do. The comparison is not about the tune so much as the flexibility the AP offers, at a lower cost if you resell the AP. But...
  14. BlackDog68

Agreed, I've removed my post and will take a break from the forum for awhile.
  15. BlackDog68

Simply put, if you have the money for awd now, do it! I love GTIs but awd is a game changer. If you're on this forum you will obey the force and upgrade your car! I love my current set up, but comparing a Mazda speed 3 to a wrx (both owned) awd=wrx. A mazda gtx to speed3 , awd both owned,=GTX...