GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by BigMac629

1. B

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Bronze wheels FTW. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. B

I paid $3.35 for Shell 93 octane in Frederick MD. The closer you get to DC, it quickly rises to $4.30ish. All things considered, still cheaper than other parts of the world! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. B

It’s funny you guys are bringing up cracked wheels now. I just cracked one of my RSe10s last week. The spoke cracked (picture below) with no damage to the barrel, so it was clearly a defect. I called Neuspeed and they had a replacement wheel out to me the same day and it was covered under their...
  4. B

Or an Atlas [emoji2] My wife and I brought home our first son in December, and you’re spot on - I think I got close to 40mpg on the drive home! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. B

Me too. Except my volume needs to be in even numbers [emoji2] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. B

I’d buy one just to get the DSG in a wagon! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. B

It’s hard to talk about noise objectively since everyone has a different threshold for what they consider “loud.” All I can say is that compared to tires that I’ve previously owned, these tires make more noise after some wear (the delta in noise from new to half worn is greater than on other...
  8. B

I have that exact same set up. Bronze RSe10s and BFGs. They are very beefy 225s. I love them. O my downside so far is that they are pretty loud once they are about half worn. But hey, what can you do? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. B

Working in Chantilly FTW [emoji482] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. B

Dropped it off for the 30k service and to fix the sunroof. As a side note, I got a new Atlas SE as the loaner for the day... Wow. What a great SUV. My wife and I are expecting our first kid and have a couple of dogs, so the GTI and her Mazda 3 are starting to get a little small. By the time kid...
  11. B

What music do you listen to??

When I approach a nice backroad where I know I can do some spirited driving, I put it in Sport mode and turn on Radar Love by Golden Earring. It just seems to fit the mood! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. B

Try being 6' 5" [emoji53] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. B

Loud bang from engine bay at highway speeds...

Hey everyone. I'm totally stumped on this, and I can't find a topic that describes the issue I experienced (which, honestly, is probably a good thing). This morning on my way into work, I was on the highway (driving ~70mph) and out of nowhere I heard a loud BANG from my engine bay. My car...
  14. B

[emoji106] what are your thoughts on the Twintercooler? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. B

[emoji106] the exhaust looks great - it's one of the finalists for me! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk