GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by axoo007

1. A

Your Boston Experience

If you own a GTI or a R and live in the greater Boston area, I'd like to hear about your driving experience. How's the car been treating you given the poor roads in the area. Where did you buy it? Is it your first VW? And anything else you can think of. Thanks!
  2. A

Parking Sensors on 2016s

I saw a pre-owned 2015 (DCC+NAV) at a dealer today and I noticed it had parking sensor on the rear bumper, while a new 2016 next to it, with the same config didn't. It seems to me that parking sensors only come with the DAP on 2016s, is that correct?
  3. A

You've Got To Love Stealerships

Yesterday I stopped by a VW dealership in California. I just wanted to look at the GTI but a R was also in the showroom. So the sales guy starts describing how great it is compare to pretty much any other car on the surface of the Earth. But that's not the most annoying part. The most annoying...
  4. A

What did you cross-shop the Golf R against?

Straightforward question, but let me know if you need me to clarify.
  5. A

Steering Wheel Question

Is the steering wheel on the R different than on the GTI? I drove a Mk7 GTI last night and was kind of disappointed by it. Especially versus the MINI F56 John Cooper Works I test-drove last weekend. That steering wheel was the bomb.
  6. A

Deposit Timeline Dilemma

I had the opportunity to visit a dealer in my area today to enquire about ordering a 2016 R. As expected, it is a real clusterf#@!. They have six people on their waiting list for a 2016, but they have no idea how many Rs they will get allocated and when they will be allocated. I've made peace...
  7. A

Golf R Picture Thread

How come there's no Golf R specific picture thread on this forum?
  8. A

Golf Lifecycle Question

Hi, Do you guys know what is the duration of a lifecycle for the Golf? The Mk5 was 6 years, but the Mk6 was only 4. I'm wondering exactly where we are in the regards to the Mk7. Thanks!
  9. A

This Doesn't Make Me Want To Buy A Golf R

I'm sure you guys have already read this article, if not you want to do it now: http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/how-volkswagen-screws-up-selling-their-best-car-1696729026 The gist of it is that VW makes it practically impossible to order a car from them. It seems they don't actually have a proper...
  10. A

What has been your service experience like?

I'm from the BMW/MINI world where the level of customer care is quite satisfactory when bringing your car for service or warranty repair. It is what you would expect of a "luxury" brand. I've read here and there that VW service is subpar compared to BMW, or even its sister company, Audi...
  11. A

Can't Find Flickr Link

I've been searching the forum for an hour for a flickr.com link to an album of Golf R photos. If my memory serves me well, it is of a Limestone Gray Golf R being unwrapped at a dealer in an Asian country, possible China. Anyone has seen this link? I couldn't even find it in my browser...
  12. A

2016 Golf R Specifications

Based on what I read on the forum, the 2016 Golf R will offer, or will come with, additional options not available on 2015 models. I read about a better nav unit with CarPlay, 2dr availability, new wheels design options, etc. As you can see, this is not very precise. So, I thought I would ask...
  13. A

From MINI/BMW to Golf R

Hello, I'm new to this forum. This is only my second post. I've been a BMW/MINI enthusiast for many years and I currently drive an E82 135i. My lease ends in 11 months, so I've started drafting a list of possible replacements. The R is in my top three. For those of you who own the new R, I'd...