GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by AWDWAGON

1. A

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Hi, I have a JB1 and just switched to MAP6, after almost 3 years of MAP1. I use Shell 91, stock engine, no mods. 1.8 TSI 4motion 6MT It was preloaded with the following (for 93): 0.0 2.0 3.0 3.5 4.0 5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0 4.8 4.5 4.5 Boost safety @ 4.8 Are these good numbers?, or switch to the...
  2. A

Burger Motorsport JB1 MAP 6 - User Settings List and Discussion

Hi, Just switched to MAP6, after almost 3 years of MAP1. It was preloaded with the following: 0.0 2.0 3.0 3.5 4.0 5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0 4.8 4.5 4.5 Boost safety @ 4.8 Are these good numbers?, or switch to the following as posted by others: 0 2.0 3.0 3.5 4 4.8 4.8 4.8 4.8 4.6 4.5 4.5 Car is...
  3. A

Tires cupping

This makes sense, since my winter set of Continental WinterContact Si did not cup at all, and look perfectly fine, as opposed to the OEM Bridgestone all-seasons the car came with. Thanks for the reply. I may have added to the confusion myself. Maybe I have a bad set of oem tires, replacing...
  4. A

Tires cupping

Just wanted the car back within factory spec, and my tires to stop cupping primarily... I don't track, car is just a daily family hauler. I'm confused now. Isn't red bad, green good? The Before Measurement print-out shows alignment out of spec correct? I haven't bought tires yet, but I'm...
  5. A

Tires cupping

Can anyone tell me if these numbers are good? (at least, if it would be the cause of the cupping?)
  6. A

Car Pulling To One Side. Alignment Is Straight

I had an alignment done at a dealer in the GTA, a couple of weeks ago, and they charged me $120 + taxes for 4 wheels alignment. You may want to change dealership in the future. Would you care to name the dealership?
  7. A

Tires cupping

Had an alignment done, looks like all 4 wheels were off. I hope it sort out the cupping issues going forward, as I would hate to have a new set of tires start cupping again. One thing I noticed right away, was less noise (humming) from the tires now. It still there, but much less. No...
  8. A

Tires cupping

- I run the same spacers with the winter wheels/tires (different wheels), and there are no issues with that set. No unusual wear or cupping. - I removed the spacers last summer, and it didn't make a difference, it still cupped the tires. Seems to me that either the wheels are not balanced...
  9. A

Tires cupping

There is a High/Low pattern on the edge of the inside tire (the first set of blocks). Running the palm of my hand, I can feel the bumps (and see, as well as hear the tump, tump, tump noise while driving)
  10. A

Tires cupping

Thinking that the best course of action is to have an alignment done first at VW dealer, then new tires. Got quoted CAD$140 and 1.5 hours labour. Question 1: I'm running H&R spacers, 12mm front and 15mm rear. Should the spacer be removed before an alignment? Question 2: I was quoted CAD$120...
  11. A

Tires cupping

This is what is on my car, and why I used to inflate to 42 PSI. I now inflate to 36/37 PSI CTP - 42PSI by AWDWAGON, on Flickr The right side is the inside of the tire, where the arrow is pointing. I realize it's hard to tell, maybe due to the angle the picture was taken at, but it's...
  12. A

Mk7.5 Euro tail lights not working properly

I will also vouch for @ZERO815, he did my custom harness and supplied the coding for my euro tail lights. Everything works as intended. (y)
  13. A

Tires cupping

Having the tires over-inflated to 42 PSI would not cause cupping? If not, then it seems like everything is pointing towards an alignment. Will be doing it at the dealer, since it's a 4 motion, as per above recommendation. It's definitely not bad shocks/struts as the car is still fairly new...
  14. A

Tires cupping

No vibration at all. Cupping is worst on the two back wheels. Keep in mind that this was a fairly new car when it started cupping (summer 2019). Tires were mounted and balanced at the factory. These are the OEM wheels and tires. I just didn't rotate tires at all. I would run tires in the...
  15. A

Tires cupping

Tires are OEM, Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS (92H XL). I haven't replaced the tires yet, but don't want to buy new tires and have this happen again. Could over-inflating the tires cause the cupping?? (causing the wheel to bounce on pavement irregularities and over-working the suspension?)...