GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Apex02

1. A

Braking / Hill Assist Issue

My '16 GTI seems to have an issue in the mornings. The car is cold but when releasing my brakes on a flat surface the car feels like the brakes are still engaged, almost like the hill assist is on. After a few seconds of driving its back to normal. It only occurs when its cold. Anyone...
  2. A

20K Service Tire Rotation

I took my MK7 GTI for its 20K and noticed (after I got home) they didn't rotate my tires. I have some rash on the drivers front so it was easy to spot. Before I raise a stink with the dealer do they rotate IF NEEDED? I drive about 200+ miles a week on average. I can rotate myself but I'm...
  3. A

Steering Wheel Removal

Is the steering wheel a pain to remove? I bought a nice suede steering wheel cover and plan on having a local auto upholstery shop put it on. I'd rather not leave the car there and I feel they would do a better job installing it if it was removed. Thoughts?
  4. A

Water Spot Removal Tips

So I have some mildly etched water spots on my black 16. I did clay bar it last weekend but there are still water spots showing from some angles on the hood and roof. Any suggestions on products to get them off? I know polishing will take care of it but I don't own a polisher and would have to...
  5. A

Do US dealer charge for?

Turning off the Soundaktor or adding the ability to roll my windows down from the key fob? I'm under warranty on my SE but I feel like some people in the forum said they do charge. Can anyone chime in. Thanks! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. A

Paint Protection Film

Hi Guys, There has been some discussion on the forum about paint protection films but I wanted to get a consenus of brand, price and area covered. I would love to hear what areas of the car were covered (full front, half hood, side mirrors) what brand (3M, Xpel, etc) and what price you paid...
  7. A

Front End "Bumper" Paint Repair Cost

Long story short guy tapped my front bumper when parking and his license plate screws chipped the front end of my car where my license plate (don't have one) goes. The paint is def chipped and he knows he did it from the picture I took of his plate touching my car. Now he's offering $50! WTF...
  8. A

Side Mirror Dip and Window/Key Fob

Any US owners know if the dealership can program the side mirror dip and key fob window open setup? I don't have access to a VAG but would really like those options. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. A

What is your occupation?

Buyer for a LED manufacturing company. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. A

GTI Monster Mats, Roadside Kit, Cargo Blocks

FS: GTI Monster Mats, Roadside Kit, Cargo Blocks Hi, All the items below came out of my 2016 GTI. The Monster Mats were used for 2 weeks before I took them out, so they still look new. The Cargo Blocks and Roadside assistance kit are brand new, never used. Monster Mats - $85 Roadside Kit -...
  11. A

Stock Shift Knob Height

Hey Guys, New to the forum. Just got my first VW, a 2016 GTI. I had a 1999 Audi A4 so this is an exciting car to have. I'm loving everything about it. Had a question. I want to add a little weight to the shifter with an new shift knob. Does anyone know the actual height of the stock shift...