GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by 0779mike

1. 0

Tyre feathering, tyre pressures on GT DSG

Quite a few months ago I moved the part worn Hankook Ventus from the rear to the front and put new Goodyear Eco Contact 6 on the rear, that definitely didn't help. I mentioned the slicks only as a bit of brain-storming to help me understand the problem better, they don't have tread blocks so...
  2. 0

Thanks Dave, I have seen your posts elsewhere re the harmonic damper and had intended to install it but do you think it would alleviate the buzzing coming through the seat when I am driving ? I think it is too regular and consistent a rhythm to be the rear shocks, it doesn't vary with...
  3. 0

My car is a 2019 Golf GT DSG, Dijon alloys with 225/45/17 tyres. It has done 27k. I am experiencing a very unpleasant rumble which is particularly pronounced between 18 - 30 mph. My local VAG tech came out with me and said he is 99% certain that it is due to feathering of the tyres, apparently...
  4. 0

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

Thanks Dave, Might there be any point in me talking to the dealer about 1st gear noise ? I live on a hill :(
  5. 0

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

I am new here and probably not as technical as most of you. I bought a 2019 Golf 1.5 GT DSG about 3 weeks ago after test driving several. There is an infrequent buzzing particularly noticeable in 1st when I am pulling away up a hill from stationary. It is like an electric drill running...