GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine code help

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
So I’m shopping for an engine for my car. My engine code is djja. Entering my vin on parts.VW.com returns a part number that is no longer available but has been superseded by a new part that the site claims does not fit my car. I’ve found a remanufactured engine that says is only for cjxd cjxg djha and djhb engine codes only. When asked to verify fitment shop says it’s the wrong part and I need a different one but the part listing claims for cyfb engine code only. I’m starting to get aggravated that it’s this hard to spend money. Any help is appreciated.

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
Only difference for US cars with a 2.0T is going to be A3/GTI or R/S3 and then with or without the OPF/GPF.

Edit - Did some more digging the DJJA motor is internally the same as a CYFB. Both blocks/internals are the same. Facelifts just use the DQ381 trans.
The ECU won't care as it's the same compression ratio and size. Same reason you can rebuild a motor with forged internals on the same ECU.

The CYFB is found in pre-facelift NA Rs and S3s. Will hook right up, also your best bet in finding.
The DJJA is the facelift NA R and S3 motor.

CJX A-E is from ROW Rs S3 and Cupras. These motors will have MPI on them. Will bolt up but a NA ecu can't use the MPI, unless tuned :D
DJHA is the EU facelift 7.5R/S3 motor so also MPI
DJHB is the Australian and other hot as hell places, detuned facelift.

CJXG is out of the TTS will also bolt up.

DNUE are the latest ones with a GPF - Avoid

If you really wanna see how crazy vag goes with shared parts check out what a 06K103023 block fits into.

Last edited:

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Only difference for US cars with a 2.0T is going to be A3/GTI or R/S3 and then with or without the OPF/GPF.

Edit - Did some more digging the DJJA motor is internally the same as a CYFB. Both blocks/internals are the same. Facelifts just use the DQ381 trans.
The ECU won't care as it's the same compression ratio and size. Same reason you can rebuild a motor with forged internals on the same ECU.

The CYFB is found in pre-facelift NA Rs and S3s. Will hook right up, also your best bet in finding.

CJX A-E is from ROW Rs S3 and Cupras. These motors will have MPI on them. Will bolt up but a NA ecu can't use the MPI, unless tuned :D

If you really wanna see how crazy vag goes with shared parts check out what a 06K103023 block fits into.
Thank you!!! There is next to no information online about any of this stuff.

fizzybubbelech

Car(s)
GTD

Hey, seems like you got a bit of knowledge there, would you be able to advise on the DLRA engine please? It's a Californian GOLF R from mid 2019. Can't seem to find any info whatsoever. Comes with a DQ381. Many thanks

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Hey, seems like you got a bit of knowledge there, would you be able to advise on the DLRA engine please? It's a Californian GOLF R from mid 2019. Can't seem to find any info whatsoever. Comes with a DQ381. Many thanks
What do you need to know about the DLRA? I've owned a couple. It's the 2019 Golf R block, but is mechanically identical to CYFB or DJJA.

fizzybubbelech

Car(s)
GTD
What do you need to know about the DLRA? I've owned a couple. It's the 2019 Golf R block, but is mechanically identical to CYFB or DJJA.
Hey, thanks for replying. Story is I'm looking at getting this particular engined Golf R (US import to EU), but couldn't find any information so was googling everywhere I could. Got a bit confused with the engine code and specs - it;s quoted at 215kW so 288bhp, whereas all Euro spec are 300+ bhp. So I got concerned whether this would not be a "lacking" engine ie some sort of detune/smaller turbo/etc.... Basically I want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything with this engine, and whether it will properly remap to the numbers that EU cars remap to. I.e. 360-380bhp (only planning to go St1 + intake mods and GPF delete (poss res delete, not sure)). BR