GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

I find it fun for the most part but overall hate the process.

One the reasons I like film, no need to post process. I could let the camera do it I suppose. Or take better photos haha.

I love film for black and white and the “classic” look. My daughter and son when they were both younger.

D96A3399-DF75-437E-A309-1535A295A7A9.jpeg

FA22EF09-D4A3-4B75-9830-4FE7A8D575C0.jpeg

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Crank that Turbo Blue up to 11...
lol, I don't go too hard on the vibrance and saturation though. Once you further than about 25 it does too many weird things to everything else. High contrast, clarity, and texture really makes it look shiny though. I say high, but I guess I'm still not going past +50.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I find it fun for the most part but overall hate the process.

One the reasons I like film, no need to post process. I could let the camera do it I suppose. Or take better photos haha.

I love film for black and white and the “classic” look. My daughter and son when they were both younger.

View attachment 282525
View attachment 282526
The one with your daughter is a really cool picture. It's always been a pretty minor hobby for me. I got the camera probably 8-9 years ago. Then I read a couple webpages to get a basic idea about iso, aperture, and shutter speed, and I've done only maybe a dozen photoshoots between my last 3 cars. The advice you guys give me is the most I've bothered to read about since I got the camera. I need editing for a good picture. lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
The one with your daughter is a really cool picture. It's always been a pretty minor hobby for me. I got the camera probably 8-9 years ago. Then I read a couple webpages to get a basic idea about iso, aperture, and shutter speed, and I've done only maybe a dozen photoshoots between my last 3 cars. The advice you guys give me is the most I've bothered to read about since I got the camera. I need editing for a good picture. lol

Thanks, it’s one of my favorite.

That’s about the time I got really into it. When my daughter was born back in 2015 I wanted to be able to take better pictures of her. I mostly use it for the kids nowadays. Bday parties, events and stuff like that. Takes lots of practice.

You have a good photographic eye especially for not doing that many photos. Have you tried film?

I have a hard time being creative because I’m a technical person but some of my favorite photos are not technically perfect. Like this one of my daughter is way underexposed and if I had used my DSLR I would have exposed properly but the photo would have lost a certain feel to it. Shooting with film helped me be more creative and think about light and what I was doing more.

F9E1A640-C579-4144-AC6F-4436E7094117.jpeg

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I may go a little too hard on the contrast, clarity, and texture sliders sometimes.

Might be a holdover from the Car Photos = HDR 300% days?

How was everyone's weekends? Definitely undid all of the fitness and diet work I had been putting in.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I edit my photos in instagram, who needs photoshop?

jk I pretty much never retouch anything because I kinda hate being in photos in the first place, though now my wife makes me pose for them. Several pages back but now I wanna know what mouse was bought (Glorious Model D- Wireless is my new toy), as well as how new Zelda is -- I played BotW but sold my Switch and games not too long after that and made most of my money back. Now that emulation is coming along nicely I'm thinking I'll just play the new one on my PC, once I get hardware where I want it to be. The 5700XT was fine for 1080p144hz but now I'm on 21:9 1440p165hz and would prefer* to upgrade, looking at a 6950XT because I don't care about raytracing.

also who the fuck just rambles in on the first morning back from the weekend at like 7:30 and turns on the fucking lights, what an asshole. I need at least a solid hour of lights out work time before I'm even remotely prepared for the day.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Several pages back but now I wanna know what mouse was bought (Glorious Model D- Wireless is my new toy),
No mouse was bought. I ordered a glorious model i wireless back in november when they were available for preorder. It was supposed to be shipped mid december and I'm still waiting for it, still no idea when I'm supposed to get it. I think the last update they mentioned was june.

I found the roccat kone xp air though and really like that one - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B6GL81B...L7VJOA9Q&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it
It's the type of layout I like. My logitech g604 has a similar layout, but every logitech, corsair, and razer mouse I've purchased in the last 15 years starts having problems within the first year or 2 I use it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
lol, I don't go too hard on the vibrance and saturation though. Once you further than about 25 it does too many weird things to everything else. High contrast, clarity, and texture really makes it look shiny though. I say high, but I guess I'm still not going past +50.

Here, I made this edit which I feel captures the Turbo Blue nicely.

1685451560991.png

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
From reading some of these posts, I'd recommend that everybody start with film, a manual camera and a light meter. That will teach you the effects of aperture (lens opening) and depth of field.
This is how I was taught in Photo 101 in college and it made the transition over to digital so much easier.