GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I've cleared my Covid infection. Yay.

I was actually supposed to be out on Long Island with my family this week but those plans obviously got torpedoed.

Kind of a weird thing to be furious at yourself for being sick but I'm really tired of getting Covid, like, seriously tired of it. In the last 2 years I've wasted almost 20 days of vacation because of this bullshit.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
CSB:

Planet Fitness had a promotion that was a $1 sign up fee. I went to the gym and the kid told me if you signed up in store it was "pro rated to $3.57" I almost laughed out loud at him... What in the actual fuck
ive been paying planet fitness for like 5 years without even going bc they require you to go in to cancel and im not gonna be that fat guy walking in to cancel

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Just don’t be a Lunk!

I hate the gym. Would rather just eat better. Maybe if I had a less physical job I would be be better with it.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Or just man up and get in there to cancel it.

Or just cancel the card the autopay is attached to.

If it's direct draw on your bank account you can also just start refusing the charge.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Just don’t be a Lunk!

I hate the gym. Would rather just eat better. Maybe if I had a less physical job I would be be better with it.
The Gym is seriously time consuming.

I work 10 hour shifts and stand the whole day. I don't want to work out after work. In the afternoon I basically just need to relax and there is no way I will wake up even earlier to go to the gym before work. There actually is a gym where I work but I don't use it.

I do do(haha) push-ups while my machine is running its cycles tho. You'd be surprised at how effective just a push up work out can be. I do a ridiculous amount now (almost 300/day varying intensity and hand position) but even with lower input you'll get pretty good results.

Kind of need to already be accepted as a weirdo to do workstation push ups tho 😆

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Get in there dude, workout. Walk on an incline or do the stair climber. Lift some weights and shit. 👌
its like a half hour from my house and ~45min from my work now, ive moved lmao. im not driving that far after work.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I am glad I find it easy to not care what people think of me.

M,

go to the gym...change location. pre-covid I did Club 24 next to Jerry's PIzza. Do the pre-pay basic. It was $100 or so per year with none of those extra maintenance fees they tack on to the $10 month plan. Big benefit of No auto-renewal.

Working out > Cancelling

You need to do one or the other

J

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I often trap myself in the can't/won't cycle.

It's almost always not that I can't, it's that I simply won't.

Then when you finally take on the task you find it's completely effortless and should have just done it immediately.

Really hard to teach yourself that tho, social anxiety or whatever other pressure you feel to not do something can be extremely powerful.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

I work 10 hour shifts and stand the whole day. I don't want to work out after work. In the afternoon I basically just need to relax and there is no way I will wake up even earlier to go to the gym before work. There actually is a gym where I work but I don't use it.

I do do(haha) push-ups while my machine is running its cycles tho. You'd be surprised at how effective just a push up work out can be. I do a ridiculous amount now (almost 300/day varying intensity and hand position) but even with lower input you'll get pretty good results.

Kind of need to already be accepted as a weirdo to do workstation push ups tho 😆

There a few workstation workout dudes where I work lol

Really I don’t think you need a full gym to stay fit. Old school push-ups, sit-ups and cardio go along way with eating healthy IMO but I’m not a “gym” or “health” guy. The gym is for getting to that next level IMO.

We had a competition at my old plant for a weight lose challenge. I wasn’t going to take it serious but ended up going all in. Above our maintenance shop was a make shift store room that I would do all basic workout stuff. Made a lifting weight out of an old servo motor. Would walk up and down the mixing tower stairs which was 5-6 stories throughout the night. They did the competition in percent lost to make it fair but I couldn’t go much lower then 180 and this big fella ended up winning but he dropped lots of weight. Made me realize I don’t like working out and what I ate made the most difference as far as weight.

Sugar. Eat less sugar.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

You know what's not time consuming?

The Taco Bell drive through.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
might actually trade out of this B8 S4 today :D

Guy has a 2016 A4 (2.0T EA888 Gen 2) 8 spd auto, premium plus, s line, with 130k.

It's not EXACTLY what we want to do but hey, a 6 year newer car, ~40k less miles, hopefully $40k less problems. Higher private party/trade-in value as well believe it or not.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
There a few workstation workout dudes where I work lol

Really I don’t think you need a full gym to stay fit. Old school push-ups, sit-ups and cardio go along way with eating healthy IMO but I’m not a “gym” or “health” guy. The gym is for getting to that next level IMO.

We had a competition at my old plant for a weight lose challenge. I wasn’t going to take it serious but ended up going all in. Above our maintenance shop was a make shift store room that I would do all basic workout stuff. Made a lifting weight out of an old servo motor. Would walk up and down the mixing tower stairs which was 5-6 stories throughout the night. They did the competition in percent lost to make it fair but I couldn’t go much lower then 180 and this big fella ended up winning but he dropped lots of weight. Made me realize I don’t like working out and what I ate made the most difference as far as weight.

Sugar. Eat less sugar.
Our guy woodski isn’t even near this level of fitness. He’s terrified to even go inside the building.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
might actually trade out of this B8 S4 today :D

Guy has a 2016 A4 (2.0T EA888 Gen 2) 8 spd auto, premium plus, s line, with 130k.

It's not EXACTLY what we want to do but hey, a 6 year newer car, ~40k less miles, hopefully $40k less problems. Higher private party/trade-in value as well believe it or not.
The same cycle will not produce different results.

Great enthusiasm with that emoji tho (y)