GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Wiener Declares: GoiNg tO A NEw uRL iS hARd

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
i think i finally understood what the 'midlife crisis' thing is all about.

men go from having fun as a teenager to going through college and a career, marriage and kids real quick. then they are stuck working and providing to their families first for the next ~20-30 years. Only when the kids move out can the man all of a sudden do something nice for himself, in a large monetary sense. How much bearing does this really have on reality? No clue, i havent done it yet.
Yeah that’s the scenario for some. But it’s not the same for everyone. I don’t have kids and still had a mini episode when I was faced with turning 40. I think the money thing is just happenstance. It’s more about identity IMO.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
decent song from my first listen
they've got two concept albums, Brainless God (that video is bits from a couple songs on each) and Wasted Mind, which are both amazing IMO. The second track on Wasted Mind is a personal favorite, and kind of recaptures the carefree nature of youth that I miss so very much.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
ive become acutely aware they i have amounted to nothing at 33 and i am so far behnid everyone that i never will catch up lol

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
ive become acutely aware they i have amounted to nothing at 33 and i am so far behnid everyone that i never will catch up lol

What would you consider as “amounting to something”?

My biggest problem was that I had the same mindset, but gave myself no condition of success. Makes it impossible to feel good about yourself

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
you are valued here. You are funny. I like your avatar. You are a damn good parts guy. What more could you possibly want??

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
What would you consider as “amounting to something”?

My biggest problem was that I had the same mindset, but gave myself no condition of success. Makes it impossible to feel good about yourself
never had a long term relatonship, was told to not go to college, i live paycheck to paycheck, rent a room at my best friends house, etc.

i am for all intents and purposes, a failure in the american system.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
if you watch anyone on instagram or facebook, etc - stop it right now. nobody can keep up with them, not even them. they are an empty shell made of success and dreams.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
“Mid life crisis” is the awful branding that’s been forced on men and it turns this time in one’s life into a feeling of anxiety. It’s simply a time in your life when you feel a shift, when you grow beyond some things — and it’s an opportunity to take stock, think, set some goals, reinvent yourself, or simply settle down and carry on. Feel it out. >75% of life is autopilot. Always embrace the times you become hyper self aware and contemplative. 👍

+1

We are all actors on this stage called life.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
never had a long term relatonship, was told to not go to college, i live paycheck to paycheck, rent a room at my best friends house, etc.

i am for all intents and purposes, a failure in the american system.

What would you like to change first? Relationship? Paycheck? Living situation?

The American system is meant to use, abuse, and dispose of workers. Its “success” simply means you’ve given your life to it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i didn't move out of my dads till i was like 27. didn't get married till like 29. didnt get a house until i was 30. now look at me, all washed up and 350k in debt. Ive amounted to nothing.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
“Mid life crisis” is the awful branding that’s been forced on men and it turns this time in one’s life into a feeling of anxiety. It’s simply a time in your life when you feel a shift, when you grow beyond some things — and it’s an opportunity to take stock, think, set some goals, reinvent yourself, or simply settle down and carry on. Feel it out. >75% of life is autopilot. Always embrace the times you become hyper self aware and contemplative. 👍
ah that makes more sense than what i said. my dad got a mid-life crisis car so i thought it was about money lol.

agree with that, always embrace self awareness and being able to change.