GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suggestion for rear wiper blade

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Rear wipers are useless

I agree in principle. But I'd more say they're unnecessary. Do they clean the rear window? Sure. They do. Does the rear window ever get so dirty, driving around in rain, snow, salt, dust, etc... that I feel my vision is impaired in any way? Absolutely not.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I agree in principle. But I'd more say they're unnecessary. Do they clean the rear window? Sure. They do. Does the rear window ever get so dirty, driving around in rain, snow, salt, dust, etc... that I feel my vision is impaired in any way? Absolutely not.
Mine does. I use my rear wiper all the time. Maybe you're just a dirty guy, Jon.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Mine does. I use my rear wiper all the time. Maybe you're just a dirty guy, Jon.

Wouldn't it be the exact opposite though? That I keep my shit so clean that it never gets enough build up (even without a wiper) to impair vision out of it?

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Funny. I live in the northeast where we get rain, road salt, and dusty months, I drive my car daily, and yet have never had an issue with any of those.
Under the right, or should I say wrong conditions with wet and salted roads - I've seen my rear window get terribly blocked by salt.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
With a Hatch (or Wagon) when you drive the vacuum behind the rear window sucks in dirt/water. The only way it isn't dirty back there is

1. you wash it often
2. you only drive in clean world.
3. maybe some type of air deflector
4. you don't drive it

#fact

willing to edit this post if people give me more possibilities

Mud

Last edited:

Sc0oter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 alltrack se
With a Hatch (or Wagon) when you drive the vacuum behind the rear window sucks in dirt/water. The only way it isn't dirty back there is

1. you wash it often
2. you only drive in clean world.
3. maybe some type of air deflector
4. you don't drive it

#fact
I try to do 1 when possible. 2 and 4 are not possible and I tried 3. Put some vortex generators on the rear roof area (more testing for fuel savings but figured it might help keep spray and dirt off the rear window). Doesn’t seem to keep the window clean. Fuel savings are negligible.

after a little bend here and there I was able to improve the ability of the current blade. Will try the FCP option next.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Funny. I live in the northeast where we get rain, road salt, and dusty months, I drive my car daily, and yet have never had an issue with any of those.
I live in northeast ohio and could never even consider not having a rear wiper. its constantly covered in salt, dust, waterspots, or pollen

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Guys I need some help. It's gross and raining out today, and I haven't washed my car in like 3 weeks. I just don't know how I'm ever supposed to see out my rear window.

PXL_20230114_134832393.MV.jpg