GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Not sure but im not a fan of the summer wheels it has. Maybe some 15fifty2s or something nice and fat kind of like the avus
What are the summer wheels?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hmmm....

1668783774291.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
"Selling my b5 s4, car was supposed to be a project but I ended up not putting the time into. I’ve lost interest and figure it can be someone else’s project so I’m posting it here. It does run and drive, just May need a jump start as it has sat for a bit, definitely needs brakes and valve cover gaskets. I have the valve covers gasket kit form fcp euro and it’ll come with the car. Has a brand new starter and serpentine belt and tensioner. Brand new depo head lights. Also need to mention that the car is completely stock other than a catback done by previous owner.
Cars priced to sell so just shoot me a message if you’re interested or have any questions"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That’s right down the street (figuratively)

We could go to his house as NE meet up.

Everyone pitch in $700 and we can have a NE community B5 S4 to share...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Do it dude thats not a bad price at all...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Day 2 with the car thoughts:

• The burnt oil smell when the cabin heat is on is pretty annoying. May have to do new cats at some point to hopefully resolve that.
  • Pretty difficult to get into reverse and first, guessing that this point the short shift kit needs adjusting, since its a rebuilt and upgraded trans im guessing its not related to the trans necessarily. Reverse makes a lot of noise when engaged.
  • On tight radiius turns the uograded rear diff really sings it sing and you can tell its there. Not that bad but it gets choppy is all. That said this car can take a corner quite well even with the engine sitting in front of the axle.
  • Car has like zero features at all. Which is kinda cool lol. Acadia would HATE having a b5.
  • You can set the time and date on the gauge cluster. You cant adjust the dash lighting brightness as far as i can tell. There is no traction control switch. The radio has horrible reception and the sound quality is horrendous. Not a bad deal though since i just listen to the engine in all my cars but would be nice to have a 'cast on during a cruise. Heated seats get HOT. theres no highbeam functionality, maybe the lever is broken? The hvac controls are just as annoying as in the b8, with all buttond and no knobs. The sunroof works great. The seats are confortable as hell. I love the simplicity of everything so far.
  • The wood grain dash has to go. But most carbon fiber wraps look tacky. So not sure what i want to do yet with that.
  • I just got my fabric dye in the mail so might prioritize the drivers seat over the weekend.
  • .im off all next week so hoping to get some work done on this car as well as the b8 which needs brakes and some other little odds and ends checked out.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Car has like zero features at all. Which is kinda cool lol. Acadia would HATE having a b5.

Disappointed, Audi. My first car was a 1987 and had a digital dash, power everything, and would talk to you...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Yeah sure my wife may wear the pants, but I wear the harness!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Disappointed, Audi. My first car was a 1987 and had a digital dash, power everything, and would talk to you...
ItS a DrIvErS cAr