GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

sherbet

Ready to race!
Drove the piss out of it. Wait, do that every single day.

Actually though achieved new top speed so far for this car….151mph Golf S 1.8.. Uni Stage 2 IS20. There’s for sure 165-170 in it but I don’t think my testicles can handle it. Past 150 the numbers start climbing a bit too slowly for my liking.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
That Vaico one from UroTuning isn't the "OEM" one. You can get it even cheaper on FCP. I have it currently on my car, and was even cheaper when I bought it, $39.69.
I feel robbed.... 🤬

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Drove the piss out of it. Wait, do that every single day.

Actually though achieved new top speed so far for this car….151mph Golf S 1.8.. Uni Stage 2 IS20. There’s for sure 165-170 in it but I don’t think my testicles can handle it. Past 150 the numbers start climbing a bit too slowly for my liking.
Relatively speaking mine must have recessed into my body 😭. The TDI damn sure doesn't have 150 in it, might not have 130. But I've had it up to 105 and thought... 🤔🫣😱

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Nothin cause I’m broke. Wife took all the money on the Tiguan. 🤣 jk but no really 🤔

sherbet

Ready to race!
Relatively speaking mine must have recessed into my body 😭. The TDI damn sure doesn't have 150 in it, might not have 130. But I've had it up to 105 and thought... 🤔🫣😱
Haha, the golf sees 105-110 on a daily basis. I am self employed so I get the luxury of being able to do my commute home whenever and I take full advantage working until 12-1am most days. Perfect time for street tracking. I get to drive a lot of fast cars with the work I do, and 150 is pretty crazy in a ~300ish hp car because you are spending a good amount of time above 100 to make it there. That said I have done nye on 180ish in my “fast” car, a 500+whp B5 S4….gets there and back quite quickly haha.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That said I have done nye on 180ish in my “fast” car, a 500+whp B5 S4….gets there and back quite quickly haha.

@riceburner rn

evil-smile-jack-nicholson.gif

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
In my experience back in the Mk6 days, Golf shaped vehicles get floaty above 150mph.

I don’t generally do more than a 1/4 mile pull since becoming a dad.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
That Vaico one from UroTuning isn't the "OEM" one. You can get it even cheaper on FCP. I have it currently on my car, and was even cheaper when I bought it, $39.69.
That cheap, might as well snag one up

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I don't know about you guys, but my car starts to feel less defined at about 90.
What do you mean less defined? Are you getting front end lift?

You shouldn't have that problem at that speed. It gets a little floaty at real "arrest me officer" speeds but nothing as (relatively) low as 90.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
What do you mean less defined? Are you getting front end lift?

You shouldn't have that problem at that speed. It gets a little floaty at real "arrest me officer" speeds but nothing as (relatively) low as 90.
I should have specified on mild mountain turns. I think the best way to describe it would be floatly body roll.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
View attachment 264969
Installed new Brisk ER12 plugs and BL PCV from ShopDAP, more as preventive maintenance. Plugs 3/4 had some oil at the top. Hoping the revised BL version fixes that. Also found it on UroTuning for half the price? Same PN...
Just a heads up for those considering BL PCV. The quality control on the parts is piss poor and several people have received bad ones new. If your car still smokes with new BL, try to return it as defective. A good BL should stop smoking under hard braking/ right hand turns on 200tw tires in all but the worst case, even then, it'll be a small puff of smoke. I installed a small cc to take care of those rare times.

Prior to that, on BM, my car was a smoke show.