GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I said it before but 2Slow really should give his account to an active member.

Dunno how many more inactive mod accounts there are, would be cool if they could hand off the job.
I've actually been in contact with the admins and trying to get more rights to approve more people as mods. Inactive mod accounts are going to be stripped. Now it's just a matter of when

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
15 years ago I would have agreed with you haha. Dr dabber and puffco's are where its at
View attachment 253168
Ah, I hardly do concentrates. Too expensive for me and I go through it too quick. I try to keep it cheap so I get pre-ground buds at $25 for 7g and then mix it with some cbd that costs like $40-60 an oz. Flower is pretty much all I smoke. I don't even get the oil pens anymore.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Man did I come back into a shitshow. Good to hear we may be able to get more mods though, that's a plus. I really hope the forum doesn't go away, I got away from facebook and other social media for the large part and I feel a lot better in life overall. Even though most of you are just avatars to me/I just imagine you as various Futurama characters, as I get old and lonely and shit it's like you guys are friends I've never met who don't mind that I can talk for AGES about car things and not get bored.

Locally there's not a lot of people who are into VWs AND actual motorsports, lots of motorsports talk within our SCCA region but not a lot of VWs, and lots of young folks with the pops and bangs tunes that I'm not low/loud/steezy enough to talk to.

cb1111

Perhaps I did. Tell me with a straight face you've never said anything that may warrant a ban too
Jay, you and I have had our run-ins too and yes, we've all (including you) said something foolish, but to my knowledge, nobody here other than anotero has gone out of their way to continue with racist language even after they've been called on it and they knew it directly offended another member.

That's far different from saying something offensive, realizing that you said something foolish, apologizing for it and carrying on.

It is also far different from the "good humored" banter between forum members - even if it gets out of hand at times.

I also realize that this isn't a democracy and you can (and should) be able to ban anybody because you feel like it, but Keehs certainly is a valuable member who has more "helpful" posts than most anyone else. And, like everyone else, he has his issues and his trigger points.

Most of us here have recognized what triggers others and avoids those triggers - we also can figure out when somebody is having a bad day and leave them alone.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Reminder that GTIs are the new honda civics. Burble tunes are equivalent to 2step on the lawn mowers

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I've actually been in contact with the admins and trying to get more rights to approve more people as mods. Inactive mod accounts are going to be stripped. Now it's just a matter of when

1655927397022.png

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Reminder that GTOd are the new honda civics. Burble tunes are equivalent to 2step on the lawn mowers
I have a lawnmower that was rescued from the side of the road, the temptation to fit a spare muffler and cone filter to it is unreal.

Side note, I've got some rustoleum, it may be time to paint the mower wheels gold (and possibly put a nicer coat of paint on the mower deck itself)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I have a lawnmower that was rescued from the side of the road, the temptation to fit a spare muffler and cone filter to it is unreal.

Side note, I've got some rustoleum, it may be time to paint the mower wheels gold (and possibly put a nicer coat of paint on the mower deck itself)
Add on an oversized muffler tip and roll it to the Friday might car meet

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Jay, you and I have had our run-ins too and yes, we've all (including you) said something foolish, but to my knowledge, nobody here has gone out of their way to continue with racist language even after they've been called on it and they knew it directly offended another member.

That's far different from saying something offensive, realizing that you said something foolish, apologizing for it and carrying on.

It is also far different from the "good humored" banter between forum members - even if it gets out of hand at times.

I also realize that this isn't a democracy and you can (and should) be able to ban anybody because you feel like it, but Keehs certainly is a valuable member who has more "helpful" posts than most anyone else. And, like everyone else, he has his issues and his trigger points.

Most of us here have recognized what triggers others and avoids those triggers - we also can figure out when somebody is having a bad day and leave them alone.
I'm not saying I'm perfect, I've said things like everyone else that probably shouldn't have been said.

I guess I'm struggling to understand what you people actually want. I'm supposed to let this guy call me a bitch ass hoe and look the other way because he's having a bad day and gets easily triggered? Riiiiiight.

I didn't ban him even after all this crap, he starts shit with me out of nowhere and that's fine, but when I respond it's not. Cool, I'm starting to learn now.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
When are we picking straws for mod positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.