GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Convenience open windows - doesn’t work

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
bump, messing around with OBDeleven, one of the reasons i bought it, I have been messing around with this for about an hour, can not get it to function via remote, anyone have luck with their 2017, I have watched the DAP video and scoured the web (which is how i found this thread), everything looks as it should, i have tried to configure the windows holding them open for 10 seconds and closed for 10 seconds

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Works in my 17 Sport. Try here

https://forum.obdeleven.com/

or here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CRE064Mt2hhFHzwcgqlG0p9gBRxGEKSyd5FGOsFCePk/edit#gid=0

Mud

edit: there may also be something you need to turn on in the radio (car/settings?)
thanks, mine is '17 autobahn, i have verified the changes in the history of obdeleven, coded it the long way as seen in the DAP video. Im going to change the key fob battery, and hope that was the issue, everything else looks exactly as it should. Im wondering if the kessy module has something to do with why the windows wont operate via the remote,

im still looking into it. thanks for the help. =)

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
key fob was showing low voltage in central electronics scan, im going to change it this evening when i get home., i have changed it all back to oem. saved adapt. changed it back. saved apapt... watched the DAP video, wrote down step by step... toggled the display/radio option, set the windows held open 10 seconds/closed 10 seconds, turned ign. on and off ..

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
So CoryJo, what was the fix? im having the same issue with my 17 TSI SEL
i scanned all the modules in the obd-eleven app, and in the electronics section, the sun roof was giving an error, IIRC it said undefined, or module undefined,, I did a reset of the sun roof, holding the button to reset the opening closing numerous times, and then rescanned the modules via obd-eleven, no codes/faults/errors were present. and then the window/keyfob feature worked just fine.

hope that helps. good luck

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Hey guys, I literally just enabled this feature after seeing a buddy at work do it on Thursday with his GLI. I thought, why the hell not? It would be awesome to have the car already letting out the heat while I walk out the building and through the parking lot. I could basically lower them from the window of my job.

So I just enabled it a couple hours ago with OBD11 and it works fantastic. My only wonder, is there a way to not have the sunroof open as well? I like the 4 windows going down and I know I can make it only do the drivers window but I do like all 4 windows with the exception of the sunroof also opening. Does anyone know of a way to disable the sunroof part of the functionality?

EDIT - Reading through some of the replies here, I realize this sounds a lot like the 1 push windows go up and down using the window switch in the car. I'm referring to using the Keyfobb to roll them up and down.

Thomas.brian23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
What does your sunroof do now with the keyfob roll-down? Fully open or just open to vent position? I don’t know how to do it with OBD11 but with Carista, I was able to set the keyfob-four-window-roll-down to just open the sunroof to the vent position.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
What does your sunroof do now with the keyfob roll-down? Fully open or just open to vent position? I don’t know how to do it with OBD11 but with Carista, I was able to set the keyfob-four-window-roll-down to just open the sunroof to the vent position.

It just opens to vent. Though I rather it doesn't because I don't want to put constant wear on the sun roof (gaskets?) and add a chance of leak in the future. I did discover however, if I don't hold it down long enough and the windows only drop about 2-3 inches, the sun roof doesn't. It appears once they're down like 60%, then the sunroof opens to vent. It's tricky because it's almost like a quick shot. You have to be ready so as soon as you see your windows move, you immediately let off the button, but I think it can work. I just need to play with it more.