GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD - MIB2 unit with nav from MY 2016 GTI 3Q0 035 876

Doge

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I'm selling the MIB2 brain unit I pulled from my 2016 GTI. Everything's working great, but since I got the Active Info Display retrofitted, I also wanted the nav in the display which apparently the TechniSat one doesn't support.
It's been unlocked so it can use later SD card maps. Supports Android Auto / Apple CarPlay and my car had Fender audio system. Comes with the original 2015/2016 maps it came with.

It needs to have component protection removed since it came off of my car.

Asking for $OLD shipped. I'm in Seattle if you'd like to pick it up.

Attachments

• IMG_4983-4.jpeg
    IMG_4983-4.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_4985-3.jpeg
    IMG_4985-3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4986-2.jpeg
    IMG_4986-2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4987.jpeg
    IMG_4987.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:

Doge

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
What do you think is a reasonable price? I honestly think $300 shipped is more than reasonable. The lowest price I can find is $310 on eBay before shipping and tax.

turbovw1

Go Kart Newbie
What do you think is a reasonable price? I honestly think $300 shipped is more than reasonable. The lowest price I can find is $310 on eBay before shipping and tax.
I was thinking $150 considering how old the part is and how the buyer (me) would have to pay additional for the dealership to pair with my non-nav Golf R.

If you change your mind in a few weeks and can’t sell, please PM me.

nineknives

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
What’s your lowest amount you would take?

Im interested but not near that price.
I hate when people approach negotiations like this. The seller listed the price he wanted. If you think you want to try negotiating you need to start with a reasonable counter offer, not ask him what the lowest he's willing to accept is. He listed what he wants for it. I don't know why you think he's going to suddenly offer it to you for over $100 less on his own accord. I'm not trying to be a dick to you, but starting negotiations like this and making super unreasonable lowball offers on items that are already competitively priced comes off kind of off-putting to sellers. Just something to consider if you want to have future negotiations work in your favor more often...recognizing the actual value of an item and respecting the asking price goes a long way.

OP - GLWS. I wish this was available when I bought my non-nav MIB2 from ebay, because your asking price is a steal.

Doge

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I hate when people approach negotiations like this. The seller listed the price he wanted. If you think you want to try negotiating you need to start with a reasonable counter offer, not ask him what the lowest he's willing to accept is. He listed what he wants for it.
Yeah I noticed this is how most of "negotiations" tend to go. A lot of DMs just start with "what's the lowest price you can do". When I offer up a price, they go silent for a few days, and then come back with another "what's your best price now". Ok... what a great way to negotiate.

In my mind if I'm the buyer and want to negotiate the price down, I'll propose a price and try to back up my reasoning for knocking down the price. I'd rather throw this in the trash than have someone try to take advantage of me.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Agreed, it's weird to say I'm interested but not near that price. The listing is at that price so what you're really saying is that you are not interested 🤷‍♂️. I'm with you @Doge, I would rather hold on to something and/or be "petty" than be disrespected. Especially when the initial listing price is already more than reasonable. If someone thinks the market is/was/should be $150 then wait it out until all the sellers drop their prices, but don't try to set a new low market with me, haha.

nineknives

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Yeah I noticed this is how most of "negotiations" tend to go. A lot of DMs just start with "what's the lowest price you can do". When I offer up a price, they go silent for a few days, and then come back with another "what's your best price now". Ok... what a great way to negotiate.

In my mind if I'm the buyer and want to negotiate the price down, I'll propose a price and try to back up my reasoning for knocking down the price. I'd rather throw this in the trash than have someone try to take advantage of me.
100% I'm the same way. I know I do my pricing research before listing, and I often mark my for sale items at an already reasonable offer for their actual value and condition (I tend to buy nice things and then take care of them. Anybody buying something second hand from me is essentially getting a 'like new' used item - most of the time with original manuals, etc). When someone meets my 'no bullshit' listing style with an egregiously low offer it tells me a couple of things: 1) they don't know the value of the item I have listed and 2) they probably won't respect it (or my time) the same way because they are just looking for a bargain. These aren't the people I'm trying to do business with, so I have learned to just ignore their painfully low offers. It may take me a little longer to sell my stuff, but the ease of doing business with someone that not only knows the value but will appreciate the item beyond my care is so worth it. At the end of the day I just don't want to reward or enable sub-par negotiation tactics and rude conversational styles.

XenonTj

Car(s)
GTI
I'm selling the MIB2 brain unit I pulled from my 2016 GTI. Everything's working great, but since I got the Active Info Display retrofitted, I also wanted the nav in the display which apparently the TechniSat one doesn't support.
It's been unlocked so it can use later SD card maps. Supports Android Auto / Apple CarPlay and my car had Fender audio system. Comes with the original 2015/2016 maps it came with.

It needs to have component protection removed since it came off of my car.

Asking for $250 shipped. I'm in Seattle if you'd like to pick it up.
Hi brother, is this still available?