• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Is it just me, or does anyone else's butthole burn a little when they crap after eating really spicy food?

Capsaicin does tickle the ol' bacon ring when you've had too much of it. Something like jalapeno poppers won't do it, but super hot wings or something? Sure.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Capsaicin does tickle the ol' bacon ring when you've had too much of it. Something like jalapeno poppers won't do it, but super hot wings or something? Sure.
This is why pre-raceday wing night became post-raceday wing night.

Getting old sucks, but knowing what it's like is a privilege.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I must have WAY too much of it, because tickle is MUCH too understated an adjective to describe the punishment my spice intake puts my asshole through...

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
This is why pre-raceday wing night became post-raceday wing night.

Getting old sucks, but knowing what it's like is a privilege.
Agreed. I can't eat hot wings if I'm going anywhere the next day, period.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Is it just me, or does anyone else's butthole burn a little when they crap after eating really spicy food?

I read somewhere, so this may be totally false, but it’s always seemed confirmed during my independent anecdotal testing.

Capsaicin is what makes things spicy.

Capsaicin is readily absorbed by your body and is actually good for cardiovascular health.

When Capsaicin is hit with some types of acid, like vinegar, the molecule changes slightly to something your body doesn’t absorb. All the heat, none of the usefulness.

Capsaicin from your unprocessed peppers in poppers, fresh salsas, etc is more readily absorbed and therefore doesn’t set your ass on fire. Processed capsaicin like with pickled “nacho” jalapenos, hot sauces, etc isn’t absorbed and gets to burn on the way out.

you can over do it as well. If you “overdose” on the capsaicin, your body won’t absorb any more and you get the burn even though it’s unprocessed.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
is there capsaicin in mayo? that's pretty spicy.

Status
Not open for further replies.