GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
OEM Midpipe only fits the OEM exhaust.

These axle back pieces are only available as part of my full CBE or TBE which has its on specific Midpipe routing and remains 3” through the entire system.
So I would need a new midpipe WITH this....got it

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So I would need a new midpipe WITH this....got it

You’d need an entire CBE, there’s a muffler section between the Midpipe and these.

ABB558DF-DF33-44DE-8F51-0FB042B2520A.jpeg
161E6014-31E1-4A29-B259-AB9096918C48.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
aaaaaaaah I got it. i had to go back and look at a pic of mine.....gotcha

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Where you able to look at the merge inside of it? I have been considering it, but only if it is a "Y" and not a "T" merge. Most of the ones I seen online are "T" merge...

It’s a two piece stamped Y/T 3.5” inlet that tapers smoothly down to dual 3” outlets on each side.

It does have some curve to it, but not a defined Y like my hand built 3” Y pipes. Regardless given its massive size it’s in no way a restriction.

6D421272-F5AB-4488-B724-1529E384777D.jpeg
A7A39D5B-13E4-402B-B871-889B1C50633C.jpeg
B68C65EC-FF79-4779-9074-A7626048BA02.jpeg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
View attachment 234698

We’ll be doing sound testing & video later this week, direct comparison of three (maybe four) of my TBE options.
If possible, a decibel meter inside the cabin on WOT and outside flybys would be awesome to be able to compare them all.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
StealthGti has a sound measuring device of some sort, so that’s the plan actually.

He's just gonna show up, point to his ears and go "Here's my sound measuring device!"....

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I had a chuckle looking at my mid pipe when I was under it the other day.

Snip snap, snip snap :ROFLMAO:

For those out of the loop his Midpipe was before the bolt on version and had a V band inlet, which was cut off as well as cutting up the CBE for easy of transportation…then all welded back together later after changing his mind about the CBE.

These days trial & error is much simpler lol

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Original battery finally died. Was hoping to replace eventually with a braille lithium but I cannot wait for that to be shipped. Guess I’m going to AutoZone for a replacement, a heavy replacement.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Original battery finally died. Was hoping to replace eventually with a braille lithium but I cannot wait for that to be shipped. Guess I’m going to AutoZone for a replacement, a heavy replacement.
Hard to justify the cost, for it to just sit in a closet