GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Golf R, Spektrum Viper Green 1 of 33 for SALE

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i can't believe a ~62k MK8 GTI is for sale, like at all.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
"Black"? Are you gonna under sell it too?

1640102471942.png

Honestly I only liked Ginster Yellow and the 2 Violet colors.... the non metallic "Squirrel grey" was nice too...very Nardo grey-ish....
The greens where okay, but just not the right green for me in this car... that viper green was too much imo lol

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
"Black"? Are you gonna under sell it too?

View attachment 233285

Honestly I only liked Ginster Yellow and the 2 Violet colors.... the non metallic "Squirrel grey" was nice too...very Nardo grey-ish....
The greens where okay, but just not the right green for me in this car... that viper green was too much imo lol
There was a silver/blue that looked like the 993 silver that I would have liked, but I think I'm probably one of about six people that cared.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
they dropped the price now fyi.

I imagine the 'service fee' will be 10k
1640130646039.png

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
If you have 60k to spend on a car and you choose a MK7 Golf R over an M3 or M2 you are absolutely positively smoking crack.
How would you spend that much on an R or that little on an M2?

The R is $45k with a manual or $46k with DSG and there are literally no options. So that’s as expensive as it gets.

The M2 is currently out of production but was $59k before options and easily into the upper 60’s with “normal” options. An M3 is $70k and easy to get into triple digits. You could have an R, a GTI and a Ducati for that kind of money.

Do you also post on BMW forums that buying an M2 or M3 is silly when you could have a GT3 or 911 Turbo?

Edit - oops, realized we were talking about the stupid dealer with a used Spektrum one. No one is paying that much for an R, you are correct, stupid.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Reminds me of when I had an M Coupe and the collective ownership decided to start pricing them at $65k. They were $45k new, but somehow that arbitrary number actually gained some traction and they still sell near there. The problem is that you have to have a pretty rare car and a solid group of owners that will band together for a movement like that. The R isn’t rare and doesn’t have that unified of an owners group.

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
How would you spend that much on an R or that little on an M2?

The R is $45k with a manual or $46k with DSG and there are literally no options. So that’s as expensive as it gets.

The M2 is currently out of production but was $59k before options and easily into the upper 60’s with “normal” options. An M3 is $70k and easy to get into triple digits. You could have an R, a GTI and a Ducati for that kind of money.

Do you also post on BMW forums that buying an M2 or M3 is silly when you could have a GT3 or 911 Turbo?

Edit - oops, realized we were talking about the stupid dealer with a used Spektrum one. No one is paying that much for an R, you are correct, stupid.