EQT tuning is Trash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
This about to Turn.

What are you doing ED like seriously, what are you doing?

I saw your post, investigated the situation, acknowledged the problem, openly explained the specifics, took responsibility, explained what we’re doing to avoid such issues in the future, and offered a good faith attempt at a resolution with you directly.

Thanks
— Ed
This sounds great I'm sure it's gonna get alot of likes.

And I don’t mean to minimize that at all as this is very much unacceptable IMO and it’s being addressed. But FWIW, if you had simply contacted me or any of our support staff directly at any point with your concerns, I’m sure we would have figured everything out at least as quickly.

Thanks
— Ed
Perfect way to minimize someone, say you dont mean to do exactly what your doing in one post.

You spend almost 24hrs from your first post on damage control, trying to drown my post. You replied to the comments I've made to other members but never responded to the one I ask of you earlier.

Why didn't you respond to my comment directed at you? But choose comments made after, to other members? Is it about correcting this why am I not the main focus to get in contact with? You don't need to spend the whole day in the comment section trying to minimize or correct me.

why didn't you contact me Direct? You did an investigation, you have my info, tune and logs. Is it my fault? Should I of contacted you direct or support staff? Clearly one of us has been busy working while the other has had enough time to be posting here for half a day.

Just send a simple Email or Address my comment made 6 pages ago! Since you've clearly had the time!

You can continue to write all the posts you want in what your gonna do, how your gonna do it, how the company gonna move forward. It's one thing to say it another to do it.

And I see a DM from you now in the forums sent after 2pm. are we gonna handle this thru DMs or Email?
I've Already asked what are we doing going forward on the one comment you decided not to Answer.

I'm definitely annoyed, working all day. Not getting any info from ED to come here and see all the time he spent posting could of been better spent contacting me direct. And then my response would of been, I got an email from ED, we going to start refining tune will keep you guys posted. Done.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I think a bit more patience would have helped...
Like how much Patience? A week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks? A month 2 months. I just need a reference point.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
This about to Turn.

Perfect way to minimize someone, say you dont mean to do exactly what your doing in one post.

You spend almost 24hrs from your first post on damage control, trying to drown my post. You replied to the comments I've made to other members but never responded to the one I ask of you earlier.

Why didn't you respond to my comment directed at you? But choose comments made after, to other members? Is it about correcting this why am I not the main focus to get in contact with? You don't need to spend the whole day in the comment section trying to minimize or correct me.

why didn't you contact me Direct? You did an investigation, you have my info, tune and logs. Is it my fault? Should I of contacted you direct or support staff? Clearly one of us has been busy working while the other has had enough time to be posting here for half a day.

Just send a simple Email or Address my comment made 6 pages ago! Since you've clearly had the time!

You can continue to write all the posts you want in what your gonna do, how your gonna do it, how the company gonna move forward. It's one thing to say it another to do it.

And I see a DM from you now in the forums sent after 2pm. are we gonna handle this thru DMs or Email?
I've Already asked what are we doing going forward on the one comment you decided not to Answer.

I'm definitely annoyed, working all day. Not getting any info from ED to come here and see all the time he spent posting could of been better spent contacting me direct. And then my response would of been, I got an email from ED, we going to start refining tune will keep you guys posted. Done.
Okay, now you’re being ridiculous. I stand by my call to lock it up after page 5 lol.

Last edited:

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Okay, now you’re being ridiculous.
Sorry dude, can you please point out where? I will gladly explain myself.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Now you're really just trying to pick a fight. I looked at all the comments you made 6 pages ago plus right around then and Ed clearly answered them all in some form. He didn't quote them but he clearly made a whole other post on it in this very thread. Why are you so pissy about a misunderstanding, especially one that was apologized for, explained for, and just so happened to have the same email style.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
This about to Turn.

He also didn't stoop to your level of responding to all the "EQT is trash" comments. He apologized to you and said he'd work with you on future tunes. He even said he'd do a live tune session with you, which YOU rejected, but are now attacking him for not resolving this within a day?

At the beginning of the thread you were complaining that he wasn't posting here and wasn't easy to get a hold of. Now that he's posting and answering your questions (and everyone else's), he's posting too much? Really?

Not to mention others have also had some comments/complaints about his business so he has to address those as well.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
This about to Turn.

Ok, this has definitely gone too far at this point. I sent you a DM this morning (Pacific Time) on the same form of communication which you chose to use to voice your complaint in the first place (this forum). If you had e-mailed me or my support staff, I would have had your e-mail in front of me and would have replied to that instead. Regardless, you could have certainly checked your inbox here before writing this post.

I have been nothing but courteous and professional, but it appears that you are pretty well set on being combative and don't actually want a solution. Neither I nor my employees are here for you to take out your unreasonable aggression on us. Business relationships are always a two way street of mutual respect and cooperation and cannot be successful otherwise. We choose to avoid customers who don't understand this concept so we can focus our efforts on our large base of appreciative and reasonable customers. It's clear that you have no actual interest in a reasonable business relationship, so I'll process a refund for your custom tune and you can use a tuner who better fits your expectations. Have a nice day and good luck with your car.

-- Ed

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I friggin knew this was going to get here…. Unreal.

Is it really unreal if everyone knew this was were it was going?

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Now you're really just trying to pick a fight. I looked at all the comments you made 6 pages ago plus right around then and Ed clearly answered them all in some form. He didn't quote them but he clearly made a whole other post on it in this very thread. Why are you so pissy about a misunderstanding, especially one that was apologized for, explained for, and just so happened to have the same email style.
You looked at all the comments?

Find me this response Quoted by ED I would likely apologize.
This actually makes sense. Cause in my emails Nick has called me by 5 different names.

I appreciate offering to live tune. I rather you use that time for people that paid for that extra premium.

But I will take advantage of this situation and request a discount on E85 tune after we correct my current tune.

Where do we go from here? Do I continue with my current tune and send more logs? Or will I receive a new Base Tune to start from?
Specially answer my last comment where do we go from here?

Oh course I will be disappointed with EQT, but not angry trying to be a fight. You need to understand the lost of Time and money, and frustration it builds over time. It sounds good everything ED is saying on what he's going to do going forward. But nothing was done except spend the day posting. I'm not asking for a fix today or even this week. You don't have me asking of anything. Except how where do we go from here?

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT

Oh course I will be disappointed with EQT, but not angry trying to be a fight. You need to understand the lost of Time and money, and frustration it builds over time. It sounds good everything ED is saying on what he's going to do going forward. But nothing was done except spend the day posting. I'm not asking for a fix today or even this week. You don't have me asking of anything. Except how where do we go from here?
No horse In this race, but at this point you’re just instigating. He PMd you. You can reply there. Continuing to post here serves no purpose.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI

That was 4 pages ago..... not 6 so no why would i read that when you said 6. He said you would keep going since the file you currently have is the make sure you have no issues

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
E30 on an IS38 GTI?
Yep. The work in progress numbers that Ed posted weeks ago showed it running on a GTI without a HPFP, but evidently there were concerns with it being able to keep up in certain situations so It’ll just be a full E85 tune once it’s ready. Most would prefer that anyway- no mixing hassle.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Ok man this has definitely gone too far at this point. I sent you a DM this morning (Pacific Time) on the same form of communication which you chose to use to voice your complaint in the first place (this forum). If you had e-mailed me or my support staff, I would have had your e-mail in front of me and would have replied to that instead. Regardless, you could have certainly checked your inbox here before writing this post.
ED your on here saying you investigated the issue with Nick and saw the email confusion so you've had my info this whole time. But now if I don't email you or support staff you don't have my email? Dude what? I'm on here cause I don't know who else to contact In your company. I called but no answer! I've emailed your Sales, and Info no reply I even sent the EQT a Instagram DM saying does anyone answer Emails at EQT? You guys clearly have a communication Issue and trying to make it seem like no one tried to reach out you. Please stop it.

I have been nothing but courteous and professional, but it appears that you are pretty well set on being combative and don't actually want a solution. Neither I nor my employees are here for you to take out your unreasonable aggression on us. Business relationships are always a two way street of mutual respect and cooperation and cannot be successful otherwise. We choose to avoid customers who don't understand this concept so we can focus our efforts on our large base of appreciative and reasonable customers. It's clear that you have no actual interest in a reasonable business relationship, so I'll process a refund for your custom tune and you can use a tuner who better fits your expectations. Have a nice day and good luck with your car.

-- Ed
I'm not being combative just stating Facts that any member can scroll back on. You've spent almost 24hrs writing posts instead of handling the situation. Look how fast you refunded me my $$$. Why didn't you take this Immediate action contacting me about the tune ASAP. You clearly had my info since I got refunded without having to Email you or your staff. So I ask again why didn't you just handle it instead spending your day commenting. Your upset cause it's the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.