GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Touch screen detecting touch by itself

Danidasanic

Mine sometimes does the same thing ..I think the problem is inside the screen , between the panel and the touch pad" layer , it suffers some kind of deformation when its cold . After a few minutes driving (heating up the cockpit) the problem disapears by it self

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Mine sometimes does the same thing ..I think the problem is inside the screen , between the panel and the touch pad" layer , it suffers some kind of deformation when its cold . After a few minutes driving (heating up the cockpit) the problem disapears by it self
It's actually condensation on the screen according to VW.

Joelene06

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
Lol what?
I know!! I was going to try disconnecting it for a few minutes and realized it was super loose. Before, I couldn't get through a single song even on the best days. This morning I made it all the way to work, around 20 minutes, with no problems!!

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I know!! I was going to try disconnecting it for a few minutes and realized it was super loose. Before, I couldn't get through a single song even on the best days. This morning I made it all the way to work, around 20 minutes, with no problems!!
Are you sure you're referring to the same problem lol?

Joelene06

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
You sure it's not just the warmer weather? 😅
It's only been installed for 2 weeks, it was getting progressively worse since it was installed. Including mid day yesterday, this morning was much cooler and it wasn't a problem. It was absolutely temp sensitive before though

Joelene06

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
It makes sense, an expanding connection would have a better connection, it also explains the progression of the problem as it loosened