GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI 2.0T ACT Performance Street Clutch Kit

mk7_drew

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, just wondering if anyone as any experience with the ACT Performance Street Clutch Kit? Says it can hold up to 500 ft/lbs of torque. I currently use my car as a daily 40 miles (20 miles one way) a day heavy NY rush hour traffic and was wondering about the increase in pedal effort and holding power. Currently my car is tuned, COBB stage 1 OTS. Planning to go is38 in the near future. I have been really looking at the DKM stage 3 twin-disk option as well as the Sachs 4 puck clutch. If anyone has had any experience with those clutches this would be a big help. Thanks ! :D

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Anyone have experience with the act stage 2 clutch?

RTFM

Ready to race!
Never heard of anybody with one on a GTI, but they are the big name for my Celica and all of the Honda guys love them for what it is worth. The HD pressure plate will be heavier than stock, but should be ok for daily.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Never heard of anybody with one on a GTI, but they are the big name for my Celica and all of the Honda guys love them for what it is worth. The HD pressure plate will be heavier than stock, but should be ok for daily.

Agreed they have been around forever

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
I’m looking at getting an ACT soon. Had one in my old EG and beat the hell out of it for years. If I go through with the whole process, I’ll post here. I also have not heard of anybody running ACT in a GTI.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
bump in hopes for more experiences/reviews of this clutch, seems like a good deal for the price

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
bump in hopes for more experiences/reviews of this clutch, seems like a good deal for the price
Depending on the year. ACT emailed me back about mine saying they won’t have a release until 2021. If you check ECS website they say they are on backorder with no date for shipment. The ACT rep told me that they are working on it, though, for the 2018+ models.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
looks like maperformance still has some in stock

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Depending on the year. ACT emailed me back about mine saying they won’t have a release until 2021. If you check ECS website they say they are on backorder with no date for shipment. The ACT rep told me that they are working on it, though, for the 2018+ models.
They are telling you that their clutch doesn’t work in the 2018+ trans and engine that’s the same as the 2015+ ?

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
They are telling you that their clutch doesn’t work in the 2018+ trans and engine that’s the same as the 2015+ ?
00CC5EC4-53E1-4CEF-BC7C-14BB45B7E8CE.png

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Thought this may be easier for explaining. My original question was asking about a 2019 GTI SE. I can post that as well if it helps with context :D

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Just in case, for reference-Also if you are bored and want to read it lol The initial email is below
3D827FF1-5E7D-45F0-8372-C0AFC7710AB4.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The sales tech, is not aware of the the compatibility.... cause thiers system hasn’t been updated, last year when I got first got my 2019 a lot of websites I had to search for parts as my car being a 2018 cause items that I knew would fit as the drivetrain is the same listed as not fitting.

If you go to clutch masters website they are still so delayed they only show clutch’s for like 2015/2016 model years... they are the same as I ran one on my 2019 GTI. Same goes for the dkm I have in the car now, it’s the same kit and part number for the 7 and 7.5

If you are set with ACT you should email back and advise them that the cars share the same engine and trans.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
The sales tech, is not aware of the the compatibility.... cause thiers system hasn’t been updated, last year when I got first got my 2019 a lot of websites I had to search for parts as my car being a 2018 cause items that I knew would fit as the drivetrain is the same listed as not fitting.

If you go to clutch masters website they are still so delayed they only show clutch’s for like 2015/2016 model years... they are the same as I ran one on my 2019 GTI. Same goes for the dkm I have in the car now, it’s the same kit and part number for the 7 and 7.5

If you are set with ACT you should email back and advise them that the cars share the same engine and trans.
That makes sense. Thanks for putting that together for me.The same thing happened to me with FCP Euro where they hadn’t entered in the newer models into their search system. I am pretty set on getting a DKM Stage 3 at this point, I think.