GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fluidamper

slogti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
APR Stage 1+ GTI
I noticed that after the fluidampr was installed with full bfi stage 2 mounts and a dogbone I noticed considerably less vibrations and the entire rev range felt way smoother. Also helped with some false knock I was experiencing.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
SMF clutches just REALLY hate low RPM peak torque, there's no solving that other that using a DMF setup. The Fluidampr did nothing to alleviate clutch rattle feel or noise from my SBC III, but it's insurance against crank walk I suppose.
Plus it helps protect the engine from internal harmonics.

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
I had one installed same time as my Stage 3 Daily South Bend. I do get a bit of chatter from the clutch which is far from silent, but not a diesel car's clatter. I'd recommend it as I heard many good things. No issues since initial install.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Fluidampr makes no claims that have anything to do with clutches. Don't get one for any clutch problems. Fluidampr is all about engine harmonics.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
My Golf R has it with a South Bend Daily stage 2. I get this diesel engine sounding noise only when its cold and the clutch pedal is released. However other than that, I have some low frequency vibration when I give it a decent bit of gas between 1000 and 1500 rpm.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My Golf R has it with a South Bend Daily stage 2. I get this diesel engine sounding noise only when its cold and the clutch pedal is released. However other than that, I have some low frequency vibration when I give it a decent bit of gas between 1000 and 1500 rpm.

How many miles do you have?

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
With that many miles I would suspect it's your engine mounts causing the vibration you feel. Remember Fluidampr is only for internal engine vibrations and harmonics.
I think that vibration is a normal noise from turbo 4 cyl motors in general. V6s and V8s don't really make it from my experience. My ex's manual Mini Countryman made it too when you were giving it gas around 1200rpm - I don't want to say its a fully lugging-the-engine sound, but maybe a slight one perhaps?

Anyways - I have the fluidampr and don't feel any engine vibrations in the steering wheel / gas pedal/ chassis at all when idling or driving like with other 4 cyl cars.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I think that vibration is a normal noise from turbo 4 cyl motors in general. V6s and V8s don't really make it from my experience. My ex's manual Mini Countryman made it too when you were giving it gas around 1200rpm - I don't want to say its a fully lugging-the-engine sound, but maybe a slight one perhaps?

Anyways - I have the fluidampr and don't feel any engine vibrations in the steering wheel / gas pedal/ chassis at all when idling or driving like with other 4 cyl cars.
Previously you said that you had some vibration on take off at low RPM 's. I would check your engine mounts. My car started vibrating on take off like that and it was a worn out trans mount.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Previously you said that you had some vibration on take off at low RPM 's. I would check your engine mounts. My car started vibrating on take off like that and it was a worn out trans mount.
Is that a common problem with these cars? It could also be the soundaktor that I'm not used to?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is that a common problem with these cars? It could also be the soundaktor that I'm not used to?

Yes motor mounts needing to be replaced at 125,000 miles like you have is extremely common. I had my Soundaktor disconnected a long time ago. Couldn't hear it anyway with my exhaust.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't have nearly that many miles - the number I posted above has 5 zeros! Twenty thousand kilometers.

Oops. Then your motor mounts should be fine. You'll probably need to replace yours because of age before mileage since you don't drive that many miles. But they should be fine now.